Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disappearing transactions?

Options
  • 30-03-2018 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭

I made a couple of online transactions yesterday, which had appeared and were deducted from my account when I logged in. All good so far.

When I logged in today, these transactions have disappeared and I have over €200 extra in my account that wasn't there  yesterday. How is this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Transactions hit the shadow and the shadow maintenance removed them. Seems to be a problem every long weekend. You'll see them again on Tuesday or Wednesday so don' spend it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Banjaxed82 wrote: »
    I made a couple of online transactions yesterday, which had appeared and were deducted from my account when I logged in. All good so far.

When I logged in today, these transactions have disappeared and I have over €200 extra in my account that wasn't there  yesterday. How is this?
    Hi there, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. 

It can take up to five working days for a Visa Debit card transaction to be fully processed by the retailers bank. Depending on how the transaction is being processed it can show up then fall of your account within that five working days. Once this time frame has passed the transaction should show as normal on your account. 

Thanks again, 
    Darren.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Johnnywaters

If you're long enough with BOI you'll get used to transactions appearing and disappearing every weekend.

I haven't noticed this issue with revolut so far

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Transactions are removed from the shadow after 3 days, but the retailer has up to 5 days to fully process the transaction at their end e.g. hit the button on their swipe card machine. This disparity means that transactions drop off the shadow, and the balance is adjusted upwards, but when the retailer sends through their file, the permanent transaction is posted, and the balance goes back down again. If you've spent the money based on the artificial balance, you'll end up with overlimit charges, interest and surcharge to pay. Hopefully the new computer system will address this issue. It's far from satisfactory

Advertisement