Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patio, which stone?

Options
  • 30-03-2018 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi all
    I posted in another forum that I was putting in a new patio and was thinking of using Indian sandstone, I was advised against this though as very hard to keep clean apparently . Has anyone any advice on what stone to use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,072 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I have bits of sandstone around the place and love it but my hard landscaping is so informal/scruffy/falling apart nobody would notice a stain.

So whether staining is a problem depends on the level of consistency of colour you start with. If you start with something that looks like a tiled bathroom, the merest discolouration will look out of place. If you have a lot of variation to begin with, a bit more won't be a problem.

Bad
    modac_2.jpg

Good
    Paving-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭lownhard

Indian limestone a better job than sandstone in terms of keeping colour. I am happy with our yellow Indian limestone. Make sure paver uses rompox for the joints and not mortar.

Advertisement