Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got a lend of an am4 processor to update a bios

Options
  • 30-03-2018 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

My mobo can't support the new 2400g until I update the bios so I need an am4 processor for half an hour. Any help is appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

AMD have an upgrade kit where they send you the cheapest AM4 chip they have and you have to ship it back to them, dunno if its available in Ireland though.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Chrizfitz

J0hnick wrote: »
    AMD have an upgrade kit where they send you the cheapest AM4 chip they have and you have to ship it back to them, dunno if its available in Ireland though.

In the process of it but I have to contact seller of mobo to discuss options then send amd copy of correspondence along with processor details. Said I'd chance my arm

Thanks though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Some retailers should definitely be making more of an effort to flag likely incompatibility until older stock is phased out.

Huge amount of people encountering this problem at the moment without realizing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

If wanna bring pc to mine of in dublin can do. Its in one of my spare pcs so should be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Chrizfitz

deceit wrote: »
    If wanna bring pc to mine of in dublin can do. Its in one of my spare pcs so should be fine

Fair play. I appreciate it. I'll send you a message when I move some stuff around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

In the same position myself lads - got a good deal on both an X370 and a B350 board from Amazon Warehouse and took the chance that the previous purchasers had updated them but got unlucky with both.

I'm just going to buy the cheapest AM4 Amazon have and I will have it by Friday but on the off-chance that anyone here based around the midlands has one handy I said I'd ask. I'll pay for it - not looking for it free - just quick!

Advertisement