Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doctors in D15

Options
  • 30-03-2018 2:35pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I hadn't heard about the death of Dr. MacDonald until I got a letter in the post this week - very sad, I'd no idea :(

So now I guess I need to find someone new. Any recommendations for somebody equal to him?

Someone who will listen and understand
    Someone who doesn't have extortionate prices
    Someone who is actually willing to take on new patients
    Their sex doesn't bother me either way
    Someone that it doesn't take an age to get appointment with them
    Someone NOT associated with the Meridians as I wouldn't go near them with a barge pole.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭LaLa2004

My family is in a similar position following the sad loss of Dr Mac Donald.

I would appreciate a new thread on this topic & would ask people not to link to previous threads which I searched yesterday. They are now out of date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

I'm still in total shock after receiving the same letter during the week. I felt so lucky having Doctor MacDonald in the area, visited him many times and always made time to listen no matter how busy it was. He really will be a massive loss to the community.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jsabina

Interested as well.
    Haven't found yet a good GP in Dub 15 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Now I do go to the Meridian but I know dr McCarthy quite well and she's been gòod to me. However my two neighbours go to Oakwood?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

amtc wrote: »
    Now I do go to the Meridian but I know dr McCarthy quite well and she's been gòod to me. However my two neighbours go to Oakwood?

Personally wouldn’t recommend her, had no time for my young son at a recent visit and was very dismissive of myself on a previous visit and couldn’t get me out quick enough. Watching this thread with interest as very keen to get away from the Meridian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I've been going to her for years...over 20...and has been fine. There's supposed to be a doctor in Hartstown which is really good. If i get name will post it

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

I go to Parks Medical up at Carpenterstown, never had an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Dr Paul Quinn, clonee medical centre. Excellent doctor and lovely manner. Ring for appointment.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

My wife and I signed up with the doctor who was mentioned in the letter we received from Dr. MacDonald's family. Our thinking was that if Tony was happy enough to have him as a locum then he can't be too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,419 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Michael Brennan in Woodvale, been with him since he was in D7 and always found him grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Photogeek47

Hi all,

Would anyone out there be able to recommend a good GP in the Castleknock/ Blanchardstown (D15) area? We are very disappointed with our current GP in blanchardstown village (they never answer the phone)
    Ideally a surgery that is great with kids would be perfect.

Thanks in advance for any advice ✌ðŸ»

Threads merged

amtc wrote: »

This clinic gets terrible reviews on google! Mostly 1 and 2 star reviews, not great

Zaph wrote: »
    My wife and I signed up with the doctor who was mentioned in the letter we received from Dr. MacDonald's family. Our thinking was that if Tony was happy enough to have him as a locum then he can't be too bad.

Can I ask what this doctors name is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Dr Ward at the castleknock clinic is very good and Dr O'Heir who works there too https://www.goldenpages.ie/ward-dr-aidan-dublin-D15/

Can I ask what this doctors name is?

Yeah, sorry, he's Italian and I couldn't remember his exact name when I posted. It's Dr. Alvise Calamai.

Advertisement