Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

500MB data add-on

Options
  • 30-03-2018 3:12pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,904 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I subscribed to the 500MB data for €5 deal several years back. It was a great option in its time, but is pretty much obsolete at this stage with the way apps and data have moved on.

I currently use the Simply Unlimited Any Network Texts and 15GB Data offer (for €20 ever 4 weeks) and this suits me nicely.

The trouble is I occasionally miss calls and have to top up a little extra to check my voicemail inbox. Any time I add extra credit I get the following message.
    Your subscription for the 500MB Mobile Internet add-on is now active. We have deducted EUR 4.99 from your credit. To check your balance text BALANCE DATA to 50104

I tried to cancel that subscription when I upgraded to the Simply Unlimited plan, but it was never removed from my account. What can I do to fix it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Hi folks,

I subscribed to the 500MB data for €5 deal several years back. It was a great option in its time, but is pretty much obsolete at this stage with the way apps and data have moved on.

I currently use the Simply Unlimited Any Network Texts and 15GB Data offer (for €20 ever 4 weeks) and this suits me nicely.

The trouble is I occasionally miss calls and have to top up a little extra to check my voicemail inbox. Any time I add extra credit I get the following message.
    Your subscription for the 500MB Mobile Internet add-on is now active. We have deducted EUR 4.99 from your credit. To check your balance text BALANCE DATA to 50104

I tried to cancel that subscription when I upgraded to the Simply Unlimited plan, but it was never removed from my account. What can I do to fix it?
    Hi  Insect Overlord,

<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-536859905 -1073732485 9 0 511 0;} @font-face {font-family:Verdana; panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1593833729 1073750107 16 0 415 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language:EN-US;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language:EN-US;} @page WordSection1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;} -->
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

From this page

[font=eir-medium-web, 'Arial Medium']€4.99
    for 4 weeks[/font]

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Enjoy at home or in the EU[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]To opt in, freetext
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Bold, 'Arial Bold']sub Internet 500 [/font]to [font=GT-Walsheim-Bold, 'Arial Bold']50104[/font]
    To opt out, freetext
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Bold, 'Arial Bold']out Internet 500 [/font]to [font=GT-Walsheim-Bold, 'Arial Bold']50104[/font][/font]

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,904 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Ten Pin wrote: »
    From this page

[font=eir-medium-web, 'Arial Medium']€4.99
    for 4 weeks[/font]

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Enjoy at home or in the EU[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]To opt in, freetext
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Bold, 'Arial Bold']sub Internet 500 [/font]to [font=GT-Walsheim-Bold, 'Arial Bold']50104[/font]
    To opt out, freetext
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Bold, 'Arial Bold']out Internet 500 [/font]to [font=GT-Walsheim-Bold, 'Arial Bold']50104[/font][/font]

Aye, I tried that at the time. Unfortunately I got an error message.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Does it let you cancel it in myeir?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,904 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Just tried the message you posted above ("out Internet 500") and it actually worked this time! No idea why it didn't work back in 2016, but problem solved now. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Just tried the message you posted above ("out Internet 500") and it actually worked this time! No idea why it didn't work back in 2016, but problem solved now. :)
    I'm glad to hear it worked for you :)

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement