Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charged extra for landline which was already included in my Broadband package.

Options
  • 30-03-2018 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I was shocked a few weeks ago when I got a call from a lady in Vodafone. I have my broadband and landline together and she said she would take €5/month off my bill if I signed up for another year. I didn't sign up as we had been thinking of trying another company because the broadband is poor. Then she said that I had been paying an extra €5 all along because the landline was included in my package anyway. So I asked if that meant I had been overcharged all along and she said yes. I have been with Vodafone for well over 2 years so that adds up. I should be entitled to a refund. After the call I went to my local Vodafone shop and asked about a refund. I was told nothing would be refunded. Overcharging is wrong. I have been advised to go to Com Reg to get it sorted out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

I was shocked a few weeks ago when I got a call from a lady in Vodafone. I have my broadband and landline together and she said she would take €5/month off my bill if I signed up for another year. I didn't sign up as we had been thinking of trying another company because the broadband is poor. Then she said that I had been paying an extra €5 all along because the landline was included in my package anyway. So I asked if that meant I had been overcharged all along and she said yes. I have been with Vodafone for well over 2 years so that adds up. I should be entitled to a refund. After the call I went to my local Vodafone shop and asked about a refund. I was told nothing would be refunded. Overcharging is wrong. I have been advised to go to Com Reg to get it sorted out.

Try the talk to Vodafone forum on here. They'll look into it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

How do you know you were overcharged?

Person ringing you from VF is in a call center and probably doesn't have full access to your account details and would not necessarily know what exact plan/cost/promotion you signed up to 2 years ago.

Get details of your contract out, see what cost your agreed and see if it matches the payments.

As for the BB itself, unless it's mobile BB, the quality will be the same whether its VF, Sky or eircom as they all operate via the eircom line.

Advertisement