If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question on Yamaha Yas-207

Options
  • 30-03-2018 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

I am interested in purchasing the Yamaha yas-207 from richersounds.ie
    However looking at the amazon reviews there is a common fault with this particular soundbar.
    It relates to the subwoofer cutting out abruptly when there is a soft voice on the tv in a distracting way.

According to another amazon review it is detectable based on the box itself whether the soundbar you are purchasing is one that has had the problem resolved.

"The first package had a sticker, proclaiming 'dts Virtual X ready' - that's to say, the firmware update hadn't been installed and I had to download it myself, which I did. I remember reading in the comments section about this particular soundbar, that someone had been in contact with Yamaha and had been told that they were aware of the crossover problem, and that they'd rectified it in all later versions of the unit. Was this true? I was about to find out.

The replacement arrived and the box no longer had a sticker saying it was dts Virtual X ready, but now had it printed on the box - not "ready", but more a statement that it was fitted as standard. Not only that, but the instructions had been altered; whereas before they'd stated that Virtual X would be made available with an update, now it was very much a case that it was already under the hood. I eagerly set up the soundbar for a second time and hey-presto! dts Virtual X had indeed been pre-installed."

Sorry for the long question, but is there any way you could confirm with wherever these are stored whether they have the sticker saying "Virtual X Ready" or whether they have "Virtual X" printed on the box?

Thanks!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

I am interested in purchasing the Yamaha yas-207 from richersounds.ie
    However looking at the amazon reviews there is a common fault with this particular soundbar.
    It relates to the subwoofer cutting out abruptly when there is a soft voice on the tv in a distracting way.

According to another amazon review it is detectable based on the box itself whether the soundbar you are purchasing is one that has had the problem resolved.

"The first package had a sticker, proclaiming 'dts Virtual X ready' - that's to say, the firmware update hadn't been installed and I had to download it myself, which I did. I remember reading in the comments section about this particular soundbar, that someone had been in contact with Yamaha and had been told that they were aware of the crossover problem, and that they'd rectified it in all later versions of the unit. Was this true? I was about to find out.

The replacement arrived and the box no longer had a sticker saying it was dts Virtual X ready, but now had it printed on the box - not "ready", but more a statement that it was fitted as standard. Not only that, but the instructions had been altered; whereas before they'd stated that Virtual X would be made available with an update, now it was very much a case that it was already under the hood. I eagerly set up the soundbar for a second time and hey-presto! dts Virtual X had indeed been pre-installed."

Sorry for the long question, but is there any way you could confirm with wherever these are stored whether they have the sticker saying "Virtual X Ready" or whether they have "Virtual X" printed on the box?

Thanks!
    Hi Anthony Embarrassed Shade,

Thank you for your post and apologies for the delay getting back to you.

I have had a look at our stock and the boxes have Virtual X printed on the box so our stock is up to date.

Let me know if you'd like to go ahead with that.

Kind regards

David

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭ru437z9t8fidq2

Hi Tribesmen,

I have had a look at our stock and the boxes have Virtual X printed on the box so our stock is up to date.

Kind regards

David

That's great. I'll chance it so.
    Thanks for the reply, didn't expect one till Tuesday!

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Anthony Embarrassed Shade,

Kind regards

David

That's great. I'll chance it so.
    Thanks for the reply, didn't expect one till Tuesday!
    No problem, let me know if you have any issues ordering!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.