Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disaster haircut..advice please !! Any h'dressers??

Options
  • 30-03-2018 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭

Hi gang....I'm a woman :pac:. Short pixie highlighted hair. My own hairdresser injured and was desperate. Went to local salon for highlights and cut. Highlights are grand but the cut ffs. It's like a step at the back and there is a line where the highlights stop.

I usually have a bit of my natural colour coming through and don't get highlights all the way through. The front and sides are fine...it's the bloody back :confused:. I rang when I got home and she said to go back in the morning to see what she could do.....

Am I better cutting my losses and going elsewhere?? And forking out a another whack !!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

If was me id go elsewhere or ask for a different hairdresser in the salon.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MinnieMinx

In my experience not all hairdressers are really good at doing short cuts. I learnt at the Sassoon Academy in London and follow their precision cutting technique.
    A lot of hairdressers, in order to speed up the process, cut the whole shape using a point cutting technique which (if used) should really be left until the end when personalising the cut.
    Ideally, ask around for a recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Thanks ladies. I went back and a different stylist cut it. She softened it at the back. Minnieminx, you prob.know what that means !! It's better than it was but still not great but I'll suck it up until it grows out.

So hard to get a decent hairdresser. Unless you are talking the high end salons which are big bucks !

Advertisement