Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorola MPB36 Baby Monitor - wall mounting

• 30-03-2018 8:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hello does anyone know what size bolt goes into the base of this camera? Need to mount it on the wall and traditional type screw is not suitable
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maxsmum

We just used bogbstandard gold picture hook...the type you bang into the wall with a nail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭Gmail

We have 2 of these exact models. The first we bought 3 years or so ago. The idea was to just buy another camera when our second came along (last June). However last March/May Motorola "updated" this model. They changed the protocol used by camera and parent unit and now the older version (pre May 17) and the newer ones are no longer compatible. That's some bad marketing right there.
    Along with this software change they made some hardware changes. The layout and function of the parent unit is also different. They also changed how the camera mounts on the wall. The older version would slot down on a nail or screw, the newer one unfortunately has a threaded hole on the base. You have to screw it down, but in another genius move by Motorola they don't supply a screw/bolt and it would seem it's also imperial. Someone should tell Motorola we use metric in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭New farmers wife

Gmail wrote: »
    We have 2 of these exact models. The first we bought 3 years or so ago. The idea was to just buy another camera when our second came along (last June). However last March/May Motorola "updated" this model. They changed the protocol used by camera and parent unit and now the older version (pre May 17) and the newer ones are no longer compatible. That's some bad marketing right there.
    Along with this software change they made some hardware changes. The layout and function of the parent unit is also different. They also changed how the camera mounts on the wall. The older version would slot down on a nail or screw, the newer one unfortunately has a threaded hole on the base. You have to screw it down, but in another genius move by Motorola they don't supply a screw/bolt and it would seem it's also imperial. Someone should tell Motorola we use metric in Europe.

We have the same problem, I bought a newer one of the same model and they don't pair. I'm raging. It's just ridiculous that they don't pair. I wouldn't have bought it if I had known that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭Gmail

We have the same problem, I bought a newer one of the same model and they don't pair. I'm raging. It's just ridiculous that they don't pair. I wouldn't have bought it if I had known that

You can buy a refurbished 2nd hand camera, for 90€. Another joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭New farmers wife

Gmail wrote: »
    You can buy a refurbished 2nd hand camera, for 90€. Another joke.

That's a total joke, I only paid €100 for a new one. I def won't buy Motorola again!

• Advertisement
Advertisement