Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Square Riverbank Drogheda

Options
  • 31-03-2018 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hey I need some advice on buying here, is the anti social behaviour or crime bad here? And also heard residents are refusing to pay the management fee, can anyone help me out please? Also, I don’t have a car and if I buy here I’ll need furniture where would you recommend that is good value for furniture and other things?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

dave2014 wrote: »
    Hey I need some advice on buying here, is the anti social behaviour or crime bad here? And also heard residents are refusing to pay the management fee, can anyone help me out please? Also, I don’t have a car and if I buy here I’ll need furniture where would you recommend that is good value for furniture and other things?

Like most duplexes, a large proportion of the Square is rental (probably over 90%). There are some lovely long term renters there that have been there for years and are raising their families there, and then, from time to time, there are some not so lovely people living there too.

The grounds are well maintained, grass cut etc, so someone is paying their fees. I do know that the residents committee have had a lot of trouble over the years collecting fees. I think the two people who were running the committee stepped down and there was trouble finding replacements. I don't know where it stands at the moment but as I say, the grass is always maintained. I should point out, I'm talking here specifically about the Square. Riverbank in general does not have a Residents Committee and has no maintenance contract with anyone. The grass in the rest of the estate is maintained by residents themselves so some of it is well kept and some if it is not maintained at all which can be a real eye sore in the summer!

Advertisement