Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

money transfer to Malaysian bank account

Options
  • 31-03-2018 7:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am currently developing my business in Malaysia and have a bank account here and my boi accounts at home. I want to be able to transfer money between the 2 but it doesn't seem possible. What do I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

If you want a decent rate, use CurrencyFair

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Revolut

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

No, I need to transfer between my BOI account and my Malaysian HSBC account. Thanks though.

Witchie wrote:
    No, I need to transfer between my BOI account and my Malaysian HSBC account. Thanks though.

You can put money into revolut and transfer it to anywhere in the world.

If you want to transfer it directly from BOI to a HSBC Malaysia account, you'll need to go to your branch. I've made several large transfers to HSBC Asian accounts, I think if it's over 5k you need to visit a branch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Witchie wrote: »
    Hi, I am currently developing my business in Malaysia and have a bank account here and my boi accounts at home. I want to be able to transfer money between the 2 but it doesn't seem possible. What do I do?
    Hi Witchie,

Thanks for your message. 

If you would like to make a transfer directly to a Malaysian bank account you can do this with a cashier in a branch of Bank of Ireland. I'd ask that when you go into a branch to make this transfer please make sure to have some photo ID with you. 

Thanks again, 
    Darren. 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Witchie wrote: »
    Hi Witchie,

Thanks for your message. 

If you would like to make a transfer directly to a Malaysian bank account you can do this with a cashier in a branch of Bank of Ireland. I'd ask that when you go into a branch to make this transfer please make sure to have some photo ID with you. 

Thanks again, 
    Darren. 
    Hi Darren, thanks for the reply but I won't be back in Ireland until September and had hope to do some online  transactions.

You can deposit to revolut online, then transfer to any account worldwide.

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi Witchie,

Thanks for your reply.

If you are unable to go into a BOI branch then you can complete a written request for the transfer to happen which you would address to the account holding branch to action.

Thanks,

Kareana

Advertisement