Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbour's House Alarm won't stop!

Options
  • 31-03-2018 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

It's been about a day of constant wailing and all through lastnight too! Is there someone to contact to stop it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

There is a form you can fill out to get action taken on nuisance alarms. Also try and enlist the help of your neighbours in this.

I always dread windy days and bank holidays because many of my neighbours leave their alarms on and the wind sets them off, badly set up and adjusted.

This shouldn't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Ladder, hammer, silence.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭James 007

Ladder, snips, silence

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

From first hand experience I know that an alarm constantly ringing is a real pain in the ass. However any more posts like the one I've just deleted advocating criminal actions to deal with the problem will result in a ban from the forum. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

James 007 wrote: »
    Ladder, snips, silence
    Larbre34 wrote: »
    Ladder, hammer, silence.
    This always brings a rye smile to my face when I read this "advice" with regard to persistant alarms.
    So whilst the hammer and batter 'em approach may stop the main racket Just bear in mind all alarm systems are supplied with an internal siren as well and as we all know Irish houses and apartments do not have great sound proofing. So the "poor sod", sorry neighbour living immediately next door or above or below will have the continued din of the inside siren coming through their connecting walls, floor or ceiling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    This always brings a rye smile to my face when I read this "advice" with regard to persistant alarms.

And does that smile come on rye bread with a side salad? It took me a good 10 to 15 mins to clear up after wetting myself laughing at the condescending comment, made at the poor naive thicks who must have no idea that house alarms have internal sounders, but that misspelled the operative word, wry.

Anyhoo, leaving aside that most folk with house alarms of their own do in fact know this, why would you not still stop the main racket and spare as many folk as possible from the torment?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Enough of the personal digs please folks. Thank you.

Advertisement