Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd vs Swansea - FA Premier League - Kick-off - 15:00 - SkySp PL

• 31-03-2018 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭

TEAM NEWS

Manchester United trio Marcos Rojo, Phil Jones and Ander Herrera are in contention to face Swansea but Ashley Young is a doubt with a knee problem.

Midfielder Scott McTominay is set to be available despite suffering a calf injury on international duty but Daley Blind remains sidelined.

Swansea have no fresh injury concerns for the trip to Old Trafford.

Jordan Ayew serves the second game of a three-match ban, while Renato Sanches and Angel Rangel remain out.

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho: "I spoke with him (Carlos Carvalhal)last night - he said I was the king of the coaches, not the king of football. But I speak with Carlos a couple of times every week. This week was not different.

"So last night we spoke a little and I thanked him for his nice words because one thing is to think, and one thing is to say."

Swansea City manager Carlos Carvalhal on Mourinho: "He is an inspiration, our king of football. He opened the door for me to see training at Real Madrid and Chelsea and there might be similarities in methodology.

"But I don't follow what he's doing and he would be frustrated with me if I follow him. We have our own ideas.

"For this game 99.99% of people will see [United] as favourites. But the 0.01% - me and my team - think we can achieve points."

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

United have beaten Swansea in South Wales twice this season without conceding a goal - a 4-0 league win in August and October's 2-0 League Cup victory.

The Swans have avoided defeat in three of their last five games at Old Trafford (W2, D1).

Manchester United have scored in all 15 of their home matches against Swansea.

Manchester United

They have won three consecutive league fixtures by a single-goal margin, coming from behind in two of those victories.

United have scored a joint league-high 18 goals from set pieces this season - level with Manchester City.

Their tally of 15 clean sheets is unsurpassed, and matched only by neighbours City.

Jose Mourinho has never lost a game against Swansea, winning seven and drawing two.

Romelu Lukaku is one goal shy of becoming the 28th player - and first Belgian - to score 100 Premier League goals.

Paul Pogba has scored in both of his Premier League appearances against Swansea.

Swansea City

Swansea have lost just one of their last eight league matches (W4, D3).

They have only suffered one defeat in eight away games in all competitions since Carlos Carvalhal took charge (W1, D6).

However, the Swans have earned only two points out of a possible 21 in away fixtures this season against teams currently in the top half of the table.

Their tally of 235 shots this season is a Premier League low.

Prediction : 2-1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Manchester United XI: De Gea,Valencia,Lindelof, Smalling,Young,Matic,Pogba,Mata,Lingard, Alexis,Lukaku.

Subs: J. Pereira,Bailly,Shaw,Herrera, McTominay,Martial,Rashford.

Swansea City XI: Fabianski,Van Der Hoorn, Mawson,Fernandez,Olsson,Naughton,Clucas, King,Ki,Dyer, A Ayew

Subs: Nordfeldt,Abraham,Narsingh,Carroll, Routledge,Bartley,Roberts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

This could be a cricket score the way this game has started.

Utd playing some lovely stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Bret Hart on a one poster mission to keep the match thread alive on Boards.ie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Ayew did similar to lindelof earlier

Sánchez with a great kick at fresh air :pac:

• Advertisement

Need too grab a third too kill this game off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Bret Hart wrote: »
    Need too grab a third too kill this game off.
    Behave. They could be out there until midnight and Swansea wouldn't score twice.

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Comfortable win.

Very good football in the 1st half. 2nd half was
    ok. Alexis with his best game in a Utd shirt.

• Advertisement
Advertisement