Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB My Money Manager - does anyone use it?

• 31-03-2018 3:48pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Seems like this is a great idea in theory but not great in practice. Any time I try to use it it seems to get a lot of stuff wrong. The one thing I don't like is that the month starts on the 1st, and like many I get paid around the 24th - so by the 1st of the month half my money is gone from bills and direct debits etc. It would be nice if it could align with your payment schedule.

I haven't used My Money Manager much as it puts a lot of things in incorrect categories, and it counts transfers between accounts as spending which is annoying. Rent/Mortgage should be in its own category but its under Household & Home for some reason.

Am I doing it wrong or is it just this limited? Does anyone else use it and get benefit from it properly and if so how?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Ok after spending some time playing with this I've figured out a few things that make it a lot more usable.

What I did not realise is that you can reclassify any of your spending if it has an incorrect category. At the bottom there is a list of transaction details and beside the category there is an Edit Icon. You can then update this to whatever you want and make sure it remembers it for next time. My rent was down as a transfer for example so I changed it. You can also create your own categories - but only sub categories from the existing one which is a little annoying. Anyway I spent some time going through my main spending and updating the categories and now they make more sense, so the charts etc become a whole lot more useful now.

Might be worth giving it a go.

Advertisement