Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reduced line speed

Options
  • 31-03-2018 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

I noticed today that my modem was syncing at 90/20 despite it being 100/20 for the past 3 years and having no problems. I rang Eir to see if maybe my profile could be tweaked and the technician decided to put me on a lower profile for stability - reducing my speed further to 80/20. I was worse off after calling tech support and I'm sorry I did it now.

I tried to argue but she said the line would be more stable on the lower profile. I understand that a line can have issues but I'm pretty disappointed now to lose a significant portion of my downloading speed (dropped from a solid 10mb to 7.5mb) without having any issues beforehand.

I'm probably wasting my time but is there any chance of getting 90/20 back at least? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

BeerFarts wrote: »
    I noticed today that my modem was syncing at 90/20 despite it being 100/20 for the past 3 years and having no problems. I rang Eir to see if maybe my profile could be tweaked and the technician decided to put me on a lower profile for stability - reducing my speed further to 80/20. I was worse off after calling tech support and I'm sorry I did it now.

I tried to argue but she said the line would be more stable on the lower profile. I understand that a line can have issues but I'm pretty disappointed now to lose a significant portion of my downloading speed (dropped from a solid 10mb to 7.5mb) without having any issues beforehand.

I'm probably wasting my time but is there any chance of getting 90/20 back at least? 
    Hi BeerFarts ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

Advertisement