Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung TV Reset (complete reset)

Options
  • 31-03-2018 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

hi folks! just wondering if anyone might know how to do a full complete 'kick-ass' factory reset of a Samsung [not so]Smart TV? It's a 55-inch curved TV 2017 model.
    I need to get it right back to the start, as if I just bought it. Already did the 'factory reset' and the 'network reset' but of course they don't really reset it...I need to wipe the TV back to scratch completely. Tried renaming the home network, switching from WiFi to Wired etc etc*.

All interweb searches I do just give me the usual crap of reseting via menu options, but I need to get past the 'amateur' resets and actually wipe my TV clean.

Just wondering if anyone might have a method for doing that? I've logged a request for Samsung support but in the meantime I can resolve the issue (I guess) if I can reset the TV completely. Like a proper hard reset, not the namby-pamby menu options.

* issue is with certificates for Youtube and Eurosport Player - the apps work on every device in the house, even work abroad with the same account, but failed suddenly on the TV a couple of weeks ago with the apps which are installed on the TV. Reinstalled the apps of course but the cert issue is still there because they don't really uninstall and reinstall
    thanks!
    Andy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭greasepalm

not sure but i think in setting up tv for first run where you fill in the details there is a reset?

Advertisement