Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.22lr ammo

Options
  • 31-03-2018 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭

Where’s best value to buy .22lr ammo for target? I’m based in Kildare and have been shooting cci standards mostly but would like to try some better ammo if available at a reasonable price . Does anyone know of good deals on sk or eley?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Baker.22

SK doesn’t make any good target ammo and Eley are too expensive in Ireland. You should look closer at RWS and LAPUA. If you find a batch that works for you, buy as much as you can! Also what type of rifle are you Shooting with? As you will never ever get the accuracy you might be looking for with a semi-auto vs a bolt action

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Hack12

Bench the rifle and see what it likes in 1 inch groups. SK standards usually is around €65 per 500 and Eley contact depending where you go is similar price. Overall CCI is best value for money IMO even if it is dirty.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Wadi14

Is it for the 10/22 ? Gallery or 50m precision, for Gallery offhand CCI SV is fine, if Im shooting 50m prone or bench with mine I use Lapua Center X. But as already mentioned, buy some different brands and test them out and see what gives your the best results.
    Your looking at buying sub or standard velocity Target ammo, Have you looked in Harbour House they should have some good ammo in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

SK rifle match is what I use. Plenty in Harbour House Sports Club

Advertisement