Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling Gym membership Contract

Options
  • 31-03-2018 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

I decided to get a gym membership with my GF (who already gets one for being in college) so I signed up a 12 month contract. I wanted to get a pay as you go as i didn't want to sign up long term, because my gf is finish college this year and we may move..they said it was the only way to get in the gym and so i went for it.

I found out later that the gym website and a mate told me that they allow members to bring guests to come in and pay a fee which would of been prefect for me and my GF going and no contract.

I see this as information hidden from me before signing up and was wondering can I cancel my contract under these conditions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭nails1

I doubt it as bringing a guest and taking out membership are two separate sercices and unrelated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

WhiskeyL wrote: »
    I see this as information hidden from me before signing up and was wondering can I cancel my contract under these conditions.

How was it hidden?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭liam7831

Just cancel it, what they gonna do bout it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 WhiskeyL

Well i did explained that my gf was finishing college and was there any other way to get in the gym and he said no only 12 months and the information about bringing a guest was on the website.

I thought at less he could have mention that offer to me.

How was it hidden?

They knowingly had a membership option that the OP wanted, but they didn't disclose it, instead opting for a more expensive alternative.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Well i did explained that my gf was finishing college and was there any other way to get in the gym and he said no only 12 months and the information about bringing a guest was on the website.

I thought at less he could have mention that offer to me.

As said above you can cancel your DD. Highly unlikely they'll chase you, probably wait until your GF finishes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Hi,

I decided to get a gym membership with my GF (who already gets one for being in college) so I signed up a 12 month contract. I wanted to get a pay as you go as i didn't want to sign up long term, because my gf is finish college this year and we may move..they said it was the only way to get in the gym and so i went for it.

I found out later that the gym website and a mate told me that they allow members to bring guests to come in and pay a fee which would of been prefect for me and my GF going and no contract.

I'd cancel the direct debit and tell them why.
    I doubt there'll be any hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭liam7831

Rodin wrote:
    I'd cancel the direct debit and tell them why. I doubt there'll be any hassle.

Hassle, shur what they gonna do, f um

• Registered Users Posts: 3 WhiskeyL

Yeah canceling DD seems like an option but it does mention this on the payment form.

'in the event of a failed monthly payment, ****has the right to re-apply to your band account or credit card on any data throughout the month for the failed payment'

I be talking to the sales person Tuesday so hopefully he do something at less.

Advertisement