Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone warranty transfer?

Options
  • 01-04-2018 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭

Hello looking for information pls, phone I'm interested in is under warranty from 3 network,(second hand)just 3 months old, trying to establish if warranty status with phone,is null and void if ownership changes,my thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Three's contract (of sale) would have been with whoever they sold the phone to not to you, this is the same with any product you buy. They may still oblige and take the phone in for repair but that's more a case of being a matter of goodwill than anything else, they have no obligation to take the phone from you for repair.

Depending on the model phone you might be able to go direct to the manufacturer or one of their authorised repair centers, for a warranty repair but this is separate to the consumer right's between Three and the person who purchased the phone from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Hello looking for information pls, phone I'm interested in is under warranty from 3 network,(second hand)just 3 months old, trying to establish if warranty status with phone,is null and void if ownership changes,my thanks in advance

Nope. Doesn't matter who owns the phone. Warranty still applies. And you don't need a receipt. It's all recorded by the IMEI number. Just as long as there's is no physical or water damage to the phone.
    Thanks,just a bit wary,no receipt,etc, swapped phone with his buddy,though he has all good recommendation s on adverts,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Thanks,just a bit wary,no receipt,etc, swapped phone with his buddy,though he has all good recommendation s on adverts,

Its not unknown for someone to get a phone on contract, sell it, then when the bill isn't paid it gets blacklisted.

my3cents wrote: »

Its not unknown for someone to get a phone on contract, sell it, then when the bill isn't paid it gets blacklisted.
    Yeah, going to give it a miss,thanks for the information,good to know

• Advertisement

Gillo wrote: »
    Three's contract (of sale) would have been with whoever they sold the phone to not to you, this is the same with any product you buy. They may still oblige and take the phone in for repair but that's more a case of being a matter of goodwill than anything else, they have no obligation to take the phone from you for repair.

Depending on the model phone you might be able to go direct to the manufacturer or one of their authorised repair centers, for a warranty repair but this is separate to the consumer right's between Three and the person who purchased the phone from them.
    Thanks

Advertisement