Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlow ATM's

Options
  • 01-04-2018 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

There seems to be an ongoing problem with ATM's in Carlow being "Out Of Service" especially at weekends. Today I went to the Maxol service station on the O'Brien Road and it was out of service so I thought surely the ATM at the bank premises would be working but alas no and not for the first time in fact it seems to be out more than the others.
    I went to the one in the Dinn Ri which was working. It's extremely frustrating going around town to get some cash, if banks insist on people using these machines then surely it is incumbent on them to ensure they are working at all times. It is a real joke to be honest when the ATM at the banks own premises is out of order.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi contrary_devil,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.

We are sorry to hear this and for the inconvenience this has caused you.

We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know the above and we will pass it onto our team straight away to look into further.

Thanks again,

Kareana

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭contrary_devil

Again the ATM's in Carlow not working this morning, I went to 3 of them, the one at the bank itself, the one at the Maxol on the O'Brien Road and the one at the Dinn Ri. What is going on with BoI that this is an all too often occurrence in Carlow, it's frustrating enough on a normal day but on Christmas Eve it is totally unacceptable.
    If this continues and I use my credit card to withdraw cash from another banks machine I will be looking for a refund of any charges imposed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Again the ATM's in Carlow not working this morning, I went to 3 of them, the one at the bank itself, the one at the Maxol on the O'Brien Road and the one at the Dinn Ri. What is going on with BoI that this is an all too often occurrence in Carlow, it's frustrating enough on a normal day but on Christmas Eve it is totally unacceptable.
    If this continues and I use my credit card to withdraw cash from another banks machine I will be looking for a refund of any charges imposed.

Thanks for letting us know about this. I'll certainly pass this on to both the branch and the ATM team. I can confirm that the cash advance fee for withdrawing cash from a credit card would be the same no matter what bank manages the ATM used. I've given a link here that shows all of the fees and charges in relation to our classic credit card.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭contrary_devil

The ATM at your branch in Bagenalstown is "Out Of Service" quite a lot recently. I will be switching to another bank if this keeps up, I am not going to be bullied into going cashless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

We will certainly pass this on as feedback to the branch.

Thanks,Aisling

• Advertisement
Advertisement