Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going anon

Options
  • 01-04-2018 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭

Hi

I've have a very personal issue that I'd like other people's opinion on in the personals forum and would only do this anonymously.
    Is it possible to do this and how?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Yes, the PI forum allows anonymous posting.

Log out of your Boards account and navigate to PI. When you click to start a new thread, you will be asked to enter a username of your choice. Note that anonymous posts are pre-moderated so they do not appear immediately. A mod needs to review and approve before it will become visible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

dudara wrote: »

Log out of your Boards account and navigate to PI. When you click to start a new thread, you will be asked to enter a username of your choice. Note that anonymous posts are pre-moderated so they do not appear immediately. A mod needs to review and approve before it will become visible.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

dudara wrote: »

It asks for both a username and password ( on my mobile) and won't let me create a new thread.

Hmmm, you shouldn’t be seeing a password option. Can you switch to the Legacy or Desktop view and see if you are seeing the same thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Isn't their something about not being able to if your outside the Republic. Not sure of where in the world TheSpoofer is but it may be a problem.

• Advertisement

^^ Good point. I’d completely forgotten about that.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi Thespoofer, can you switch to the Legacy version of the site (either at the top of the page beside your username or from the footer)? Are you using desktop or mobile to browse Boards?

Advertisement