Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good headphones

Options
  • 01-04-2018 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

I've a ps4 in bedroom hooked up to a PC monitor with sound coming via the monitors inbuilt speakers and the sound aint great. I'm looking for a good set of headphones that will give me good sound. No microphone as I ain't really into the online stuff.

Any recommendations??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

As long as you don't want a mic, any pair of headphones or ear buds can plug into the controller and play the sound through them.
    You don't need to shell out then for anything major.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

As long as you don't want a mic, any pair of headphones or ear buds can plug into the controller and play the sound through them.
    You don't need to shell out then for anything major.

Oh I assumed they plug into the PS4 itself

py2006 wrote: »
    Oh I assumed they plug into the PS4 itself

So did I until I got a headset at Christmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,077 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm gonna highjack this thread. Anyone any recommendations for a good headset in general? I currently have the Turtlebeach XP510's, and they're pretty good, but I'd like to keep something in mind down the road. PS4/PC use.

Have logitech G231's myself. Simple audio Jack for PS4 and has the connection for the mic and audio connection for PC. Simple and effective plug and play. Volume control and mute button. Long cable, about a metre and a half or so.
    I'm no audiophile but they're decent enough, and not too pricey either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I bought a pair of Beexcellent headphones off amazon before Christmas very cheap and I use them for fortnite and for general listening to music and can't complain

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

I got the Sony wireless headset recently and have to say the sound from them is amazing.

If you are just using them for the PS4 then definitely look at them.

https://www.sony.ie/electronics/playstation-accessories/ps4-headset

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Yeah I have those and can’t fault them TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I got the PS4 Platinum headset and they are so much better than the regular PS4 headset posted above

They are so comfortable, you barely feel like you're wearing them. Had similar priced Sennheisers before and I nearly had cauliflower ears from them, could just have been my big head but the new PS4 set isn't doing it to me

The 3D sound is so immersive, I don't think they have any mad noise cancelling ability but I can't hear a thing from other rooms unlike with the regular headset, they also they don't feel as flimsy

They can be got for €130 inc delivery at Gamestop and I'd put them as a lot more value for money than 70-80 for the regular headset

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I have the older model Astro A50s for my PS4. Excellent headset. Got them after my gold head set broke on me. There really solidly built.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Do you have a PC hooked up to it, or just using a monitor?

Would being able to get audio from 2 sources be a benefit.

Varik wrote: »
    Do you have a PC hooked up to it, or just using a monitor?

Would being able to get audio from 2 sources be a benefit.

Yea I have pc hooked up to monitor too. So I just switch to HDMI when I want to use the PS4 and DVI when going back to PC.

PC has a good sound system alright but PS4 uses monitor speakers which are not great so I feel like I am missing out when gaming.

Sennheiser Game One's all day long.

Sennheiser Game One's all day long.

Does that connect to back of PS4 or the controller?

Ive a Sennheiser hd 550 somewhere lost in a cupboard

It comes with a console cable and a cable for PC too. Attaches to the controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

The official Sony Gold Headphones are very good I think, they come with a wireless receiver, has 7.1 VSS, and, because they're made for the PS4, they have a companion app that lets you adjust the equaliser to your liking.

They're roughly €85-€100 depending on where you buy them but I've had them for about 2-3 years now -- love them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,972 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

The official Sony Gold Headphones are very good I think, they come with a wireless receiver, has 7.1 VSS, and, because they're made for the PS4, they have a companion app that lets you adjust the equaliser to your liking.

They're roughly €85-€100 depending on where you buy them but I've had them for about 2-3 years now -- love them

They are very comfortable on the ears too.

Advertisement