Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knocknacarra

Options
  • 02-04-2018 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 45,476 ✭✭✭✭

What's Knocknacarra like to live in these days?

I've heard from work colleagues that some parts can be rough? That true? What's the nicer, quieter parts of the area?

I'm more familiar with the east side of the city.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

RoboKlopp wrote: »

I've heard from work colleagues that some parts can be rough? That true? What's the nicer, quieter parts of the area?

Thanks

It is a very mixed area, but a quick look around and you can see the difference in areas by looking at the houses. There are youngsters who hang around the shops/sports centers that may be intimidating, but so far I've not encountered any real trouble with them. In some parts, there seems to be an issue with petty vandalism.

PS The mayor lives in the area!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Pickyourbrains

Im hoping to buy in the cappagh road,but now ive herd that they are putting in 70 council houses beside the park? It seems to be one of the only affordable (for me 250k-275k) areas in Knocknacarra but this has really put me off

• Registered Users Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭what_traffic

Im hoping to buy in the cappagh road,but now ive herd that they are putting in 70 council houses beside the park? It seems to be one of the only affordable (for me 250k-275k) areas in Knocknacarra but this has really put me off
    Do you have source for this good news?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,476 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Do you have source for this good news?

I'm guessing this is what the poster is referring to.

http://connachttribune.ie/knocknacarra-social-housing-plans-go-public-display-323/

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Pickyourbrains

No just heard it today from a resident of Liosmor and came here to see was anything said so hopefully im wrong,from what i can see online the planning notice is for the ballymoneen road

• Advertisement

Ah right - thought it was more housing been announced based on Pickyourbrains post

No just heard it today from a resident of Liosmor and came here to see was anything said so hopefully im wrong,from what i can see online the planning notice is for the ballymoneen road

Hopefully you are right - the City needs more housing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 DirtBanjo

Thanks

I have noticed shady people about the place, a lot of theft and I know for a fact that gangs of thieves are targeting housing estates all the time, constantly checking for unlocked cars/houses

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Ludikrus

DirtBanjo wrote: »
    I have noticed shady people about the place, a lot of theft and I know for a fact that gangs of thieves are targeting housing estates all the time, constantly checking for unlocked cars/houses

Welcome to Boards!

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭smurf492

DirtBanjo wrote:

Is this really any different to any other part of the city...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 DirtBanjo

smurf492 wrote: »
    Is this really any different to any other part of the city...

You are not wrong

Advertisement