Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid V or Fallout 4

• 02-04-2018 11:01am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭

What's better and why Metal Gear Solid V or Fallout 4?

What's better Metal Gear Solid V or Fallout 4? 16 votes

Metal Gear Solid V
    0%
    Fallout 4
    100%
    Mossy MonkfixXxerWellyJRoarjohnnysmackAsmodeanbkranglecallaway92PaddyBombvan_beanodeano546martineatworldmunster87ahnowbrowncow2Mad2BeMad[Deleted User] 16 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭nedd

Tough one, MGS5 is great but there is no story at all. Just loads of missions to complete.

Fallout is great and lots of story.

I prefer the gameplay of MGS5 but put more hours into Fallout.

Get either and you will easily lose 20+ hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

metal gear v

game got me to go back and play all the old metal gears which i never had before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

Fallout 4
    If you want metal gear solid play the others mgs5 is a joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭Evade

MGS V. Both stories are bad but MGS V's gamplay is fun Fallout 4's is pretty boring.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,747 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

MGSV has issues but the core stealth mechanics are a joy and it's great fun if it out stays it's welcome.

Fallout 4 is a game I feel people with do retrospectives of and realise it wasn't a good game, like with MGS4 at the moment. It's barely a RPG now and is more a boring Far Cry clone. It's criminally over rated and just not any fun.

• Advertisement

I'd say both are better games if you haven't played the previous ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

both games are ones that I have put about 20-30 hours into each but I am finding myself debating whether to ever go back to either as they are just not meaty enough.
    MGS V actually suffers from being too open world and definitely worked better as tighter scripted games as in the past

Fallout 4 is buggy and I just can't get over the graphics of a clearly outdated game engine that is nearly a decade and a half old
    If they use this engine again I will definitely not purchase but hopefully the next Elder Scrolls game is coming with something nicer

Fallout 4
    I enjoyed MGSV. The mechanics and gameplay are a lot of fun. Eventually it got samey and I gave up on it midway through the campaign but not in a negative way - I felt I got my money's worth.

I didn't enjoy Fallout 4 on any level. Found everything about it boring, quit relatively early in the campaign. Just not my cup of tea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Fallout 4
    I enjoyed MGSV. The mechanics and gameplay are a lot of fun. Eventually it got samey and I gave up on it midway through the campaign but not in a negative way - I felt I got my money's worth.

That's exactly how I felt about it too.

Loved the way you could tackle things in a number of wildly different ways.

Must go back and give it an hour or two some evening.

Advertisement