Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pardew leaves West Brom after 4 months

• 02-04-2018 11:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭

10 defeats in a row and surely doomed! Hopefully they'll get somebody in now that will stay with them in the Championship next season!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43183688

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

delighted.

the sooner the likes of himself and Hughes stop getting jobs at these relegation threatened/mid-table clubs the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

That's a shame. I know a few Geordies that were looking to give him a really hospitable welcome back to St James' Park at the end of the month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,080 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Not a fan but if he's no longer steering a club to oblivion, he'll have more time to be a pundit on television.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

No one can get the club out of things now not even Harry Redknapp the master of relegation avoidance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,560 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Bruce would be a great shout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

CSF wrote: »
    Bruce would be a great shout.

I'd prefer him to stay at Villa and get them up via the play-offs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

How many Pardew threads does boards need? The man's ego will be thrilled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

DenMan wrote: »
    I'd prefer him to stay at Villa and get them up via the play-offs.

:D

Pardew to Villa could actually be a good shout. Villa fans will probably want him out already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Dance Gif loading ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Last win,knocking Liverpool out of the cup. Successful tenure in my opinion. Cheers Alan :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Bret Hart wrote: »
    Last win,knocking Liverpool out of the cup. Successful tenure in my opinion. Cheers Alan :D

Always obsessed

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/OscillateWWFC/status/980757242327728128?s=19

Didn't feel like he had 18 games but what a bad run

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Pardiola getting his near annual sacking along with Hughes, Big Sam, Pulis etc always makes me think of Paul Merson's "why has it always got to be a foreign manger".

This cohort stink out the league with their mediocrity.

They are essentially the bed-blockers of the managerial world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

A truly awful manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Mick McCarthy must be nailed on for this job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Martin O'Neill would be the perfect man for WBA now.

Please take it Martin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

Mick McCarthy must be nailed on for this job.

He is leaving Ipswich at the end of the season Sky Sports News said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

West Brom? Could have sworn he was at Stoke. Hard to keep track of where he, Mark Hughes, Allardyce at Moyes are these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

West Brom? Could have sworn he was at Stoke. Hard to keep track of where he, Mark Hughes, Allardyce at Moyes are these days.

Look around the bottom end of the table in most seasons

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Bet they regret sacking Pulis now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,976 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

SlickRic wrote: »
    delighted.

the sooner the likes of himself and Hughes stop getting jobs at these relegation threatened/mid-table clubs the better.
    Hughes is a very good manager. Most of the time his clubs are in the top ten at the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,976 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Pardiola getting his near annual sacking along with Hughes, Big Sam, Pulis etc always makes me think of Paul Merson's "why has it always got to be a foreign manger".

This cohort stink out the league with their mediocrity.

They are essentially the bed-blockers of the managerial world.
    You really haven't a clue.

Mark Hughes is most often finishing the season in the top ten. This is with clubs outside the big six so he is doing a good job.

Sam Allardyce had a very good record too when he spends a couple of years at a club.

Pulis too has a very good record in the Premier league.

You mightn't like the way their teams play football but they are very good at their jobs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,635 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Bet they regret sacking Pulis now

Na, I don't think so. Pulis had them in a bad place, had a very bad record IIRC over a period of 14 or 15 months or something, and had lost the fans (dwindling attendances) and were looking towards The championship if he stayed. The mistake was replacing him with Pardew, a strange appointment at the time, but to be honest there wasn't a queue to replace him. Indeed, it was suggested (leaked?) after the drinking session/bonding trip to Spain that Pardew was in line for the sack, but they couldn't get anyone to replace him.
    WBA are in truth a championship club playing in the EPL, and until the last few years was ran on a Championship budget. Has changed a bit under Pulis, with an increasing wage bill, but no improvement in how secure they were in the EPL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Na, I don't think so. Pulis had them in a bad place, had a very bad record IIRC over a period of 14 or 15 months or something, and had lost the fans (dwindling attendances) and were looking towards The championship if he stayed. The mistake was replacing him with Pardew, a strange appointment at the time, but to be honest there wasn't a queue to replace him. Indeed, it was suggested (leaked?) after the drinking session/bonding trip to Spain that Pardew was in line for the sack, but they couldn't get anyone to replace him.
    WBA are in truth a championship club playing in the EPL, and until the last few years was ran on a Championship budget. Has changed a bit under Pulis, with an increasing wage bill, but no improvement in how secure they were in the EPL.

Yeah, a shame they couldn't find someone better than Pardew.. I think the team is good enough in the important areas to have stayed up. Their goals return has been poor, given that they have two strikers better than many of the other relegation candidates around them, in Rondon and Rodriguez. But they're still joint bottom in 'goals for'. They're just not playing to their strengths.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Pardew is a joke and shouldnt be anywhere near a premier league club. Hughes, Pulis and Big sam will get you points the ugly way so they stay up. Pardew is a farce to be fair

Advertisement