Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Circuit simulator help

• 02-04-2018 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone help me with this. Im trying to get that schematic to work. Ive tired 100's of times on PSIM. I cant get the circled mosfet too turn on. Ive input the input voltage way higher than the required threshold and still nothing. Maybe someone can try in in their own software and see does it work

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭whizbang

It looks like it may be switching to me, if you compare the Von voltage of the other mosfets, it looks similar. What Rds is sim using?
    Current IL is the important parameter, it will show more of what is happening. Compare this to V2

Consider using resistors in place of some mosfets, to help understand whats going on.
    You dont actually need to switch the circled mosfet. It's body diode will work just as well, and give you a better indication of current flow. When you have the circuit working, you can switch this to assess its advantages.

What mode are you simulating ? Buck or Boost ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

whizbang wrote:
    It looks like it may be switching to me, if you compare the Von voltage of the other mosfets, it looks similar. What Rds is sim using? Current IL is the important parameter, it will show more of what is happening. Compare this to V2

whizbang wrote:
    Consider using resistors in place of some mosfets, to help understand whats going on. You dont actually need to switch the circled mosfet. It's body diode will work just as well, and give you a better indication of current flow. When you have the circuit working, you can switch this to assess its advantages.

whizbang wrote:
    It looks like it may be switching to me, if you compare the Von voltage of the other mosfets, it looks similar. What Rds is sim using? Current IL is the important parameter, it will show more of what is happening. Compare this to V2

whizbang wrote:
    Consider using resistors in place of some mosfets, to help understand whats going on. You dont actually need to switch the circled mosfet. It's body diode will work just as well, and give you a better indication of current flow. When you have the circuit working, you can switch this to assess its advantages.

whizbang wrote:
    What mode are you simulating ? Buck or Boost ?

Ok, thanks

I was talking to a lecturer and they said using p channel mosfets instead of some n channel. But im not sure which nosfets to replace with p mosfet.

I will take out the circled diode but yes it is switching its actually my ouput diodes are out switching.

Im trying to operate it as a boost

Advertisement