Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cease service

Options
  • 02-04-2018 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

I have not got a response to my request to of Cease service/ closing my account I sent 6 weeks ago, despite repeated attempts to get a response. I am out of contract and I am not going to be paying anymore.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

IdHidden wrote: »
    I have not got a response to my request to of Cease service/ closing my account I sent 6 weeks ago, despite repeated attempts to get a response. I am out of contract and I am not going to be paying anymore.
    Hi IdHidden ,

I'm sorry to hear you're cancelling your account.

In order to cancel your account you will need to speak to our retention team, If you call 1901 they can transfer you through.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭IdHidden

Thomas, I tried that many time but Unfortunately your 1901 system does not recognise the account number printed on my bill? So the system won’t take my call so what do I do? #Catch22

Thomas, I tried that many time but Unfortunately your 1901 system does not recognise the account number printed on my bill? So the system won’t take my call so what do I do? #Catch22Hi ,

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

I will do that, I should add I have already called 1905 and 1901 and the landline. And email eir customer service and the twitter care team. Result = nothing, so I really hope you can help.

Thanks 

Thomas

I will do that, I should add I have already called 1905 and 1901 and the landline. And email eir customer service and the twitter care team. Result = nothing, so I really hope you can help.
    I have responded to your most recent PM.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Advertisement

Thanks 

Thomas

The PM says call 1901 or1905.

I cannot use 1905 or 1901 because my account number which comes from Meteor is not recognised. I have told you that repeatedly.

So unless you can offer a solution other than calling 1901 or 1905 or the landline equivalent. You are not helping.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

Hi boy went through all that ****e with eir for months, you need to write down or record (don't tell them,or they'll put the phone down)each person u contacted,time,date,etc, contact com reg,their customer care doesent exist,I have as left hanging several times 50 minutes plus,only to have the call dropped,mist inept gang ever,com reg is your man

Thanks 

Thomas

The PM says call 1901 or1905.

I cannot use 1905 or 1901 because my account number which comes from Meteor is not recognised.  I have told you that repeatedly.

So unless you can offer a solution other than calling 1901 or 1905 or the landline equivalent. You are not helping.
    1905 and then option 4 for mobile broadband should work for you no problem. 

Thanks

Thomas

Hi boy went through all that ****e with eir for months, you need to write down or record (don't tell them,or they'll put the phone down)each person u contacted,time,date,etc, contact com reg,their customer care doesent exist,I have as left hanging several times 50 minutes plus,only to have the call dropped,mist inept gang ever,com reg is your man

They are unbelievable, look at they rep here repeatedly saying contact by phone after I repeatedly told him it does not work.

Thanks

Thomas

That does not work, try again

• Advertisement

Thanks

Thomas

That does not work, try again
    I have tried to get through myself using the provided numbers and it worked perfectly.

Alternatively, you can submit your cancellation notice in writing by sending it to 1 HSQ, Heuston south quarter, St JohnsRoad and have it addressed to the cancellations department.

Thanks

Thomas

I have tried to get through myself using the provided numbers and it worked perfectly.

Alternatively, you can submit your cancellation notice in writing by sending it to 1 HSQ, Heuston south quarter, St JohnsRoad and have it addressed to the cancellations department.

Thanks

Thomas

Well as I told you it did not work for me. I will submit it by post.

For anyone tired of dealing with eir here is a link to the ComReg complaints page https://www.comreg.ie/queries-complaints/got-a-question/

and their guide

https://www.comreg.ie/media/2017/06/ComReg-Consumer-Complaints-Guide.pdf

They also have a helpful online chat service.

Thanks

Thomas

Well as I told you it did not work for me. I will submit it by post.
    No problem.

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement