Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eir Talk Anytime Mobile & UK 90 Billing Problems Since contract change

Options
  • 02-04-2018 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I received my first bill recently under this new plan having been switched by you earlier in the year (without any choice).

This plan includes Unlimited anytime calls to Irish landlines & mobiles and 90 anytime minutes to UK landlines & mobiles.

I was charged a for each mobile call made during the billing period and even a couple of times charged 0.44c for calls to my mobile phone (which is on an eir 4G plan under my bundle) which I never answered as I was driving at the time.

I've already spoken to somebody on 1901 last Friday about the bill as it contained additional part payment charges which they removed but the bill still came out to me yesterday without this amendment. At that time I was told there were out of bundle charges of €21+ euro which turned out to be these charges for calls made to mobile phones from my landline.

I can send you on details of account if you require but I'm guessing I'm not the only being overcharged since the across the board contract changes.

Also seen a post on here about having contract changed to 18 months when opting for the 4G SIM only 30 day contract. When I agreed to the contract change I was put on a 12 month contract, within 1 month of that I opted for the 4G SIM only 30 day contract which is, as you've stated a 30 day contract and can be cancelled any time BUT you are expected to change your main bundle to an 18 month contract even though you may have only just agreed to a 12 month contract. Wasn't too bothered about that but did think it was bizarre and fail to see what the justification is for this since I was already locked into 1 12 month contract.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Gosh wrote: »
    Hi,

I received my first bill recently under this new plan having been switched by you earlier in the year (without any choice).

This plan includes Unlimited anytime calls to Irish landlines & mobiles and 90 anytime minutes to UK landlines & mobiles.

I was charged a for each mobile call made during the billing period and even a couple of times charged 0.44c for calls to my mobile phone (which is on an eir 4G plan under my bundle) which I never answered as I was driving at the time.

I've already spoken to somebody on 1901 last Friday about the bill as it contained additional part payment charges which they removed but the bill still came out to me yesterday without this amendment. At that time I was told there were out of bundle charges of €21+ euro which turned out to be these charges for calls made to mobile phones from my landline.

I can send you on details of account if you require but I'm guessing I'm not the only being overcharged since the across the board contract changes.

Also seen a post on here about having contract changed to 18 months when opting for the 4G SIM only 30 day contract. When I agreed to the contract change I was put on a 12 month contract, within 1 month of that I opted for the 4G SIM only 30 day contract which is, as you've stated a 30 day contract and can be cancelled any time BUT you are expected to change your main bundle to an 18 month contract even though you may have only just agreed to a 12 month contract. Wasn't too bothered about that  but did think it was bizarre and fail to see what the justification is for this since I was already locked into 1 12 month contract.
    Hi Gosh ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gosh

Hi,

Also seen a post on here about having contract changed to 18 months when opting for the 4G SIM only 30 day contract. When I agreed to the contract change I was put on a 12 month contract, within 1 month of that I opted for the 4G SIM only 30 day contract which is, as you've stated a 30 day contract and can be cancelled any time BUT you are expected to change your main bundle to an 18 month contract even though you may have only just agreed to a 12 month contract. Wasn't too bothered about that but did think it was bizarre and fail to see what the justification is for this since I was already locked into 1 12 month contract.
    Hi Gosh,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks

Thomas

Will do

Hi,

Also seen a post on here about having contract changed to 18 months when opting for the 4G SIM only 30 day contract. When I agreed to the contract change I was put on a 12 month contract, within 1 month of that I opted for the 4G SIM only 30 day contract which is, as you've stated a 30 day contract and can be cancelled any time BUT you are expected to change your main bundle to an 18 month contract even though you may have only just agreed to a 12 month contract. Wasn't too bothered about that  but did think it was bizarre and fail to see what the justification is for this since I was already locked into 1 12 month contract.
    Hi Gosh,

Thanks

Thomas

Will do
    I have received your PM and I will reply shortly.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gosh

Hi,

Hi Gosh,

Thanks

Thomas

Will do

Thanks

Thomas
    Hi Thomas,

Your reply didn't resolve my problem, I sent you a PM again.

Hi,

Hi Gosh,

Thanks

Thomas

Will do

Thanks

Thomas
    Hi Thomas,

Your reply didn't resolve my problem, I sent you a PM again.
    I have responded to your most recent PM.

Thanks

Thomas

• Advertisement
Advertisement