Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heatons Carrickmines Closing

Options
  • 02-04-2018 8:03pm
    Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Was up in Carrickmines earlier and noticed the Heatons/Sports World is closing down - they were having a massive sale with up to 80% off some stuff. Its surprising, it always seemed to be busy enough. I'm sorry to see it go, the sports store was always very handy for reasonably priced runners for the kids, and the Heatons itself had a lot of good bargains on clothes. I wonder what will be going in there to replace it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

The sports shop is moving downstairs and brand max is going upstairs. It’s the same owners , heatons was sold to sportsdirect a few years back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

I dropped into the Portlaoise branch. Excellent job on the ground level with sportsdirect and usc - expensive though.

Upstairs was brandmax - think of a bad version of tk maxx blended with heatons.

2pm Easter Monday, busy on ground floor, not a single person on the brand max floor.

And as above, all part of same company. Simply a rebrand.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I find it telling of how badly run (for a profitable multinational) Mike Ashley's firms are run that BrandMax has a domain name of brandsmax.com

Incompetent.

Its a general tat vendor brand which Heatons in recent years also was so I'm not sure if much has changed.

Advertisement