Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aspergers syndrome

Options
  • 02-04-2018 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

hi, we have a 24 yr old son with aspergers syndrome, he is desperate to make friends male or female who have the same condition, does anyone know if there are any groups in the leinster area where people with this or other spectrum conditions meet up,from my searches there seems to plenty of groups for children but not adults, he is a genuinley nice person who would make a loyal and fun friend but his condition was prevented him making those connections, we have looked at some dating sites for people with different disabilities but are not sure about them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭holly8

hi, we have a 24 yr old son with aspergers syndrome, he is desperate to make friends male or female who have the same condition, does anyone know if there are any groups in the leinster area where people with this or other spectrum conditions meet up,from my searches there seems to plenty of groups for children but not adults, he is a genuinley nice person who would make a loyal and fun friend but his condition was prevented him making those connections, we have looked at some dating sites for people with different disabilities but are not sure about them

Try this group...maybe you have already heard of it... it's a Closed group so you'd have to send a Join request...but often lots of requests such as yours posted mainly in Leinster, maybe you would have luck there...alas, I am over in the West and not so many here, same issue too with my teenager....Happy Autism Day!! And good luck!

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1778682705791054&ref=content_filter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Could you contact Asiam and see if they can point you in the right direction?

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi there,

Welcome to Boards. It might be worth starting a thread in the Long Term Illness forum. I know that they have been good for pointing out resources in the past and may be able to point you in the direction of groups too. I hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Don't limit your search to particular groups for people with Aspergers. Think about groups and activities that he loves and enjoys, and he's likely to get along well there, and meet people with and without Aspergers.

Advertisement