Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 223 | IAQUINTA VS KHABIB | SAT. APR. 7, 2018

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

miocicmma wrote: »
    The show weigh-ins will be mad. If they don't get a replacement for Max, What will happen?

They will scrap the fight and promote rose and joanna to main event

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Rose - Submission
    Imagine ragin Al was to get the shot after the ufc forgetting to print his name at the media day yesterday. It would be like something out of hollywood

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I'm surprised Khabib is going along with all this, he goes on saying legacy and his record is important to him not not money. Hate to see him get caught and lose

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Rose - Submission
    ricero wrote: »
    Imagine ragin Al was to get the shot after the ufc forgetting to print his name at the media day yesterday. It would be like something out of hollywood

And then for Al to win and say **** the UFC to Joe after it . Would be beautiful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Joanna - Submission
    Anyone changed their mind and not pulling an all nighter?

Doubt he will be allowed fight for the belt so depends how bad he wants to fight Khabib for a big pay day and if the UFC will give him what he asks for.

Rose - Submission
    Anyone changed their mind and not pulling an all nighter?

If Khabib stays on card i will watch and am looking forward to the joanna v rose rematch

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Jaysus. Dana must be in a great mood.

Quick, someone ask him who the current 155 champ is.

Rose - Submission
    Quick, someone ask him who the current 155 champ is.

X5vN9B1.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Never thought I'd say this, as I think he's nothing but a snake oil selling prick (albeit a very good one), but I almost feel sorry for Dana at the minute.

Seriously though who will be champ if Khabib fight wont be for the title? If Conor keeps it he well and truly killed the UFC and all it used to mean. I hope they make Tony champ and reschedule khabib fight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Rose - Submission
    dave1982 wrote: »
    Seriously though who will be champ if Khabib fight wont be for the title? If Conor keeps it he well and truly killed the UFC and all it used to mean. I hope they make Tony champ and reschedule khabib fight

If say there’ll be an announcement at tonight’s weigh ins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Can it not simply be vacant

https://twitter.com/UFCEurope/status/982323332069683200

Just on REDFM radio there, DJ said they are trying to arrange bail for Conor so he can step in to replace Holloway..... wtf talk about bs

Off topic but Ramadan is 6 weeks away

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Officer999

Are they gonna post any new Embedded episodes or are they just abandoning them at this stage with the mess of the card?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Officer999 wrote: »
    Are they gonna post any new Embedded episodes or are they just abandoning them at this stage with the mess of the card?

I'd say the Embedded for this would be Dana boiling over for 17 minutes.

dave1982 wrote: »

Khabib would still be fighting for the title, Al Iaquinta assuming hes the challenger cant win it though

• Advertisement

Rose - Submission
    H'on the **** Al ya ragin bastard ya !

Fair ****s to him i hope he is finally paid well

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭miocicmma

Joanna - TKO/KO
    WT8DClp.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Iaquinta - Decision
    Axwell wrote: »
    Khabib would still be fighting for the title, Al Iquinta assuming hes the challenger cant win it though

The ladies will be the main event, Khabib will now be a non title fight as the co main. Khabib wins, Conor stays champ and then after the Ramadan ****e it will be announced McG v Khabib.

I'm going with that haha

Rose - Submission
    ricero wrote: »
    H'on the **** Al ya ragin bastard ya !

Fair ****s to him i hope he is finally paid well

Is it for the title? Can't find confirmation on that, surely it must be.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭miocicmma

Joanna - TKO/KO
    O04opLg.png

Hasnt been announced yet but id be 99% sure its only Khabib that can win the title. Iaquinta was .2 over championship weight earlier so cant see the NYAC turning that around. He will just get a massive pay packet for stepping in im sure. I cant see Khabib agreeing to not fight for the title either.

Edit: I hope Al asked them for a sign with his name on it as part of the pay packet too.

Rose - Submission
    Let's go Al!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

they cant honestly expect people to accept Khabib as the champion if he only beats Al Iaquinta for the belt. With all due respect to Iaquinta, he's no Mcgregor or Ferguson is he.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Axwell wrote: »
    Hasnt been announced yet but id be 99% sure its only Khabib that can win the title. Iaquinta was .2 over championship weight earlier so cant see the NYAC turning that around. He will just get a massive pay packet for stepping in im sure. I cant see Khabib agreeing to not fight for the title either.

Edit: I hope Al asked them for a sign with his name on it as part of the pay packet too.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MMA/comments/8ac8v1/al_iaquinta_talking_about_khabib/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

If Al knew he was in a title fight he would have taken off the .2 this should never allow Khabib win title if he wins as it was never really a title fight as rules differed in weight cutting

Advertisement