Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 223 | IAQUINTA VS KHABIB | SAT. APR. 7, 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

snotboogie wrote: »
    Iaquinta misses weight, looks like Khabib isn't fighting on Saturday
    He hit 155 on the button..

Find better click bait sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/4/6/17202730/ufc-223-weigh-in-video

He was over championship fight 155.2lbs. But I doubt the UFC would give Al a shot at a title they didn't even give him a sign with his name on it yesterday.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DaDm_WnVAAE11I2.jpg:large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Rose - Submission
    Gotta love Ragin Al making his own sign :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Tazzimus wrote: »
    He hit 155 on the button..

Find better click bait sites.

You should make sure you are right before you make such snarky posts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭HappyAsLarE

Joanna - Submission
    I would actually prefer if they cancelled Khabib from fighting tomorrow and stuck him on against Max sooner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Rose - Decision
    Right I’ve been offline for an hour or so.

So who is Khabib fighting now??

You should make sure you are right before you make such snarky posts!
    I had Felder in my head for some reason when I was typing that, who did hit 155.

Iaquinta, didn't miss weight though, he missed championship weight, by .2 pounds. He could go take a dump and make that. Or weigh in nekked if he didn't already

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I had Felder in my head for some reason when I was typing that, who did hit 155.

Iaquinta, didn't miss weight though, he missed championship weight, by .2 pounds. He could go take a dump and make that. Or weigh in nekked if he didn't already

The comission wouldnt let him weigh in again - he didn't do a naked weigh in the first time as he had no need and then wasn't allow to weigh in the second time without his boxers.

John_D80 wrote: »
    Right I’ve been offline for an hour or so.

So who is Khabib fighting now??

We still dont know..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Rose - Decision
    Just when we thought it couldn’t get any worse .......

https://twitter.com/mmaroasted/status/982286713266487296?s=21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭snotboogie

We all make mistakes, I could have worded my own post better with regards to championship weight but no need be so snarky about it

We all make mistakes, I could have worded my own post better with regards to championship weight but no need be so snarky about it

Give it a rest the pair of you..

Axwell wrote: »
    The comission wouldnt let him weigh in again - he didn't do a naked weigh in the first time as he had no need and then wasn't allow to weigh in the second time without his boxers.
    A pity, suppose he didn't have any need to whip the boxers off as he was within the limit or a normal fight.

Tis all madness anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

So there's a chance that Conor will become the undisputed champ by the end of the weekend?

Edit: has Tony been stripped?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Rose - Submission
    Offline for a few hours, so what's the craic, who's Khabib fighting?

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Offline for a few hours, so what's the craic, who's Khabib fighting?

Not decided. Weigh in has wrapped up media gone home

Rose - Submission

Jaysus. Dana must be in a great mood.

Oh yeah, the NYAC have been involved in stopping Max, Al Iquinta and Paul Felder stepping in while Pettis asked for a ball of cash and the UFC offered less and he said no thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Joanna - Submission

Weren't they just told to go get lunch? I thought I heard the bloke say they'll have an announcement in around an hour

Weren't they just told to go get lunch? I thought I heard the bloke say they'll have an announcement in around an hour

They were packing up all their gear on the stream i was watching. Maybe they will be back in an hour but theres no one signed up for it yet either way

• Advertisement

Rose - Submission
    Oh yeah, the NYAC have been involved in stopping Max, Al Iquinta and Paul Felder stepping in while Pettis asked for a ball of cash and the UFC offered less and he said no thanks.

Ah very interesting. I saw those names been thrown around but nothing definite, very confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭miocicmma

Joanna - TKO/KO
    Watching the weigh-in stream. Has any of the fighters actually weighed in yet, or are they all waiting on the Khabib replacement negotiations?

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Ah very interesting. I saw those names been thrown around but nothing definite, very confusing.

Al Iquinta had weighed in earlier at 155.2 so .2 over chanpionship weight. NYAC wouldnt let him weigh in a second time, first time was with boxers as he didnt need to lose the .2. Paul Felder was on weight but the NYAC said he isnt ranked high enough so they wouldnt let him fight Khabib.

Joanna - Submission
    miocicmma wrote: »
    Watching the weigh-in stream. Has any of the fighters actually weighed in yet, or are they all waiting on the Khabib replacement negotiations?

All the fighters weighed in this morning apart from Holloway, and obviously he never ended up at all.

All the fighters on the card weighed in earlier today. The only one left was Max and then the NYAC pulled him and said he wasnt medicaly fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

theey all weighed in ceremonial be on soon

Joanna - Submission
    dave1982 wrote: »
    theey all weighed in ceremonial be on soon

Haha isn't that supposed to be on in like 2 hours? Hard to imagine what it'll be like then

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭xtal191

Rose - Decision
    Haha isn't that supposed to be on in like 2 hours? Hard to imagine what it'll be like then

Usually around midnight our time

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭miocicmma

Joanna - TKO/KO
    The show weigh-ins will be mad. If they don't get a replacement for Max, What will happen?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Khabib - Submission
    Al is .2lbs (90 grams!) over but ranked. If he was allowed make the reduced weight he'd be fighting for a championship.

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/982318794633809920?s=19

Advertisement