Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Oral...

Options
  • 02-04-2018 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi guys,

I am having my Irish Oral next week as a repeat external candidate and I need some advice please.

Irish is just not my language, never mind subject, unfortunately I have to do it to get a place in my wanted course, I have always struggled with it and never got into terms of understanding it. I'm doing ordinary level, as foundation is not accepted. The good news is, i'm not planning on getting an O1 in this subject, all I want/need is a pass, minimum 40% / O6 , literally just a scraping pass.

How would I go about achieving this with my level of Irish?

I can introduce myself and read the poems no problem but the scraith pictuiri and the general conversation are the killer.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

I don't think there is much you can do in a week sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Emmser

pnitro4 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I am having my Irish Oral next week as a repeat external candidate and I need some advice please.

Irish is just not my language, never mind subject, unfortunately I have to do it to get a place in my wanted course, I have always struggled with it and never got into terms of understanding it. I'm doing ordinary level, as foundation is not accepted. The good news is, i'm not planning on getting an O1 in this subject, all I want/need is a pass, minimum 40% / O6 , literally just a scraping pass.

How would I go about achieving this with my level of Irish?

I can introduce myself and read the poems no problem but the scraith pictuiri and the general conversation are the killer.

Thank you

Okay, learn sentences that can be used for every SP:

It was a Wednesday
    There is a girl in the picture/boy in the picture.
    There are three/four etc people in the picture.
    The weather is good.
    They are talking.
    They are happy.
    She is sad.
    He is sad.
    etc. etc.
    An examiner will expect three lines on each picture but even if they are simple, you’ll get marks.
    Learn three questions that can be used for any SP: did you like the story? Did you like the ending? How many people are in this picture?

Then buy an Irish oral revision book. Start at the start and try and prepare answers. You can def do a lot in a week if you put your mind to it. ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭pandoraj09

OP, if you really need it for your chosen course why have you not been preparing for the exam?? Despite the fact there's only a week left, you could learn quite a bit through having a few sessions with someone who examines for the SEC who will focus you on what you need to know to get a pass. PM sent

Advertisement