Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Locked out of account - Keycode Problem

Options
  • 03-04-2018 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭

Hi 
    After trying to pay a payee the other day my account was locked due to 'invalid credentials' message and trying too many times!

After a frustrating wait on the support line I was advised that because we have two administrators I'd need the other administrator with me to log in to the admin section, when i contacted the other person I found they did not have the app on his phone any longer and now we cant access our account at all.

I'd like to ask two questions;
    1. The other administrator re-installed the app but we cant see any way to gain access to our profile to register the other Keycode, is there a way to achieve this without ringing support?

2. I want to remove the other person from the profile so that we have just one administrator, again can this be done without contacting support?

The wait times for support is very long, so if there was any other way of doing the above, it would expedite the situation.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi Fionn,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.

You can change your business online profile so that you are the sole administer, to do this please email business.online@boi.com to complete the required forms.

In regards of the Keycode the other administer would need to download Keycode app to mobile device, other admin enters logon credentials on Business On Line, clicks Generate and a code will be sent via SMS to the Business on Line-registered mobile number. 

The admin should then enter the code to complete the logon and then follows the onscreen instructions to complete the process.

I hope this helps.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Kareana   

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

Hi Fionn,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.

You can change your business online profile so that you are the sole administer, to do this please email business.online@boi.com to complete the required forms.

In regards of the Keycode the other administer would need to download Keycode app to mobile device, other admin enters logon credentials on Business On Line, clicks Generate and a code will be sent via SMS to the Business on Line-registered mobile number. 

The admin should then enter the code to complete the logon and then follows the onscreen instructions to complete the process.

I hope this helps.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Kareana   
    Thanks.
    Eventually got on to support and its sorted now

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AnnB28

I'm also experiencing issues with Keycode.

Both administrators on our account downloaded apps to our phones and completed all steps successfully together. Only final step was to set up User.
    Two weeks later (following more than 4 hours on hold to helpline over 3 separate days and 2 unanswered emails) we're still no further on.

As I don't have this time to spare in work I've been trying to solve the issue in my own time at home. Without a home landline I've now run up excessive mobile phone bill at my own expense and still the issue is not sorted.

I can't log on as administrator (using Administrator username and password generated by keycode app) - message below. Our User cannot sign on either as we have been unable to set them up. So over the past 2 weeks we have had to resort to paying salaries and invoices by cheque which is far from ideal and an obvious step backwards.

Invalid Credentials
    Your Business On Line logon was unsuccessful. Please check your logon credentials and try again. 
    Important message for KeyCode users:
    Select Password on your KeyCode app. Enter the code displayed on the app into the Password box on Business On Line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi AnnB28,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear you're having difficulty logging on with KeyCode. If there was more than five days between the Admins and the User being set up, the password information will have expired and you would need to start the process again. To do this, I'm afraid you will need to contact the helpdesk and have the passwords reset.

Thanks,
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AnnB28

Hi AnnB28,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear you're having difficulty logging on with KeyCode. If there was more than five days between the Admins and the User being set up, the password information will have expired and you would need to start the process again. To do this, I'm afraid you will need to contact the helpdesk and have the passwords reset.

Thanks,
    Tara
    Thanks Tara. There wasn't a delay of 5 days between Admin and User set up. I attempted to set the User up the same day as administrators were set up and every day after that. 

I was really hoping not to have to spend more hours on hold to help desk. Am also surprised at lack of responses from emails

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi AnnB28,

Sorry to hear you haven’t received a reply to your emails. The Help Desk have experienced an extremely high volume of queries recently which has lead to delays with calls and emails being answered.

As you’re receiving the error message when trying to log in, it will be necessary to call the Help Desk. Apologies again for the inconvenience cause with these delays and please be assured, we will forward your feedback and comments.

Thanks again,
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

Just for anyone thats experiencing errors such as 'Password is Invalid' or' Payment Code is incorrect'.

This happened to me and after trying too many times and I was locked out, I finally tracked down the problem - somehow the date/time setting on my mobile was NOT set to automatically update the date/time on the phone.

To do this just go to the Settings menu, tap Date & Time, tap Automatic date & time. Your done!

Advertisement