Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man City v Liverpool, Champions League QF - both legs

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Eamon Dunphy just called Otamendi a dummy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Mr.H wrote:
    Everyone keeps talking down Trent. He has had a couple of bad games this season. He has already been called the weak link yet plays through it and shows how good he actually is. He can get his positioning wrong at times but to write him off and say that sane has this is just silly. Also Lovren has been better than Matip with vvd this season. Gonna be a tough one tonight but any kind of lead for Liverpool will be good enough. While city might not be beaten at home next week, Liverpool can certainly score goals.

Trent has only ever been good in games Liverpool control so he gets to attack ,, he is awful at defending something Sane will make shred him tonight, Trent has the highest ceiling of the three right backs at Liverpool but is currently the worst of the 3,

Trent did brilliant tonight against sane. Time to start given the lad some credit for his defense also. Sane played well but couldn't get the better of him. A lot of bandwagons jumpers aiming at Trent and Lovren and they got it sooooooo wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Has Any other manager won the premiership by 16+ points eamon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I never really watch RTE, but Jesus, Dumphy is some senile old fart.

Are my taxes going to pay this guy to spout nonsense, because that would be outrageous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Yes, Fergie. 18 points in 99/00.

• Advertisement

Yes, Fergie. 18 points in 99/00.

Man city fans didn't watch football back then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

posted in the city thread after the draw was made
    GavRedKing wrote: »
    Congrats on reaching the CL semi final. :pac:
    pudzey101 wrote: »
    Pool actually thinking and believing they can beat ye ha ha ha :)

Ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Are my taxes going to pay this guy to spout nonsense, because that would be outrageous.

More money being spent on Joe Duffy, Ryan Tubridy and Daithi O'Se.

Dunphy is a bargain compared to just those three....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Mr.H wrote: »
    Man city fans didn't watch football back then
    Gosh; you're really funny.

blueser wrote:
    Gosh; you're really funny.

So is your defense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Decent blueprint for United to get a point against City there in that 2nd half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Glico Man wrote: »
    posted in the city thread after the draw was made

Ha.

Don't be starting that wait until at least 10pm next Tuesday

So is your defense
    Yes. The same defence who are the best in the PL this season;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/table

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Has Pep? You could win on Saturday and lose every other game for the rest of the season while United win all their games. Surely City still wouldn't be 16 points ahead then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

niallo27 wrote: »
    Something rattled them. They didn't show up.

Yep, I think it may have been the 11 bodies that Liverpool had on the pitch😉

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jaysus all about the bus but not about how good Liverpool were by the RTE boys.

blueser wrote: »

Yea how did those stats help ye tonight?;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

That's not down to the brilliant defense all the same. More to do with the midfield and dominant possession style. There's a soft spot there for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

£75m on VVD has to be amazing value for money for this Liverpool team the Liverpool defence has looked so different since he arrived at the club.

He's definitely brought a calmness to the defence as well. He looks quality. Money seemingly well spent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Yes, all the taxes you pay are going to Dunphy baby.

• Advertisement

Yea how did those stats help ye tonight?;)
    Fine. You've made your point. You don't like us. I'll do my best to get over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

BenK wrote: »
    Penny for Andersonisgod's thoughts right now.

That would want to be a fairly bad penny.

Fine. You've made your point. You don't like us. I'll do my best to get over it.

Never said I dont like ye. Ye are just the opposition. I dont care about City not in a good or a bad way.

Its just called banter buddy. Dont take it seriously:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

i enjoyed that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,679 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Nevermind, I can't read...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

In fairness they are talking ****e on rte. You can see Duff is embarrassed by it. Pep is a brilliant manager he just got unstuck tonight against a team that was really up for it. Early goal next Tuesday and who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,297 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Gundongan honest in his interview saying that the bus incident only served as extra motivation and didn't effect the team in a negative manner.

Nope

Everyone knows that sky only invented football in 1992 so you are wrong :cool:

99/00 is after 1992 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

fullstop wrote: »
    Because Sanas onside I presume he means, which he was. Added to the fact Salah was offside for the first goal.

They went back over it on BT there, Sane was a hair offside when the ball was played alright. Pretty much identical to the Salah one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,679 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

TitianGerm wrote: »
    99/00 is after 1992 :pac:

Doh. That'll teach me for having too many 7ups after the big win. :o
    Can't even read. So long fellows...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

On the way back to town now from the ground. Was in the middle of the Kop. No voice left. Can’t wait to watch the highlights of that one, best performance I’ve seen in a good while.

Halftime in the tie. Hope Salah is ok and does that yellow mean Hendo is out of the second leg? If so it makes Can’s recovery very important

But what a night - Allez Allez Allez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    They went back over it on BT there, Sane was a hair offside when the ball was played alright. Pretty much identical to the Salah one.

Was watching on German tv so don't know what BT said, but looked just on (his arm was off but can't play the ball) while Salah looked just off (knee).

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

It's like Gangnam Style, but you do it in a press.

Shirley, outside the closet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

fullstop wrote: »
    Was watching on German tv so don't know what BT said, but looked just on (his arm was off but can't play the ball) while Salah looked just off (knee).

Since he was on the move, it literally seems to be just be a case of which frame you pick. Their match truck ref guy showed Sane's torso just off.

Same goes for the Salah one... to be honest I can't blame either decision, they're so close, with both guys at full sprint, but I would prefer if ones that tight were just allowed to play on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

8-10 wrote: »
    On the way back to town now from the ground. Was in the middle of the Kop. No voice left. Can’t wait to watch the highlights of that one, best performance I’ve seen in a good while.

Halftime in the tie. Hope Salah is ok and does that yellow mean Hendo is out of the second leg? If so it makes Can’s recovery very important

But what a night - Allez Allez Allez

yeah Henderson is out of the second leg

• Advertisement

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Since he was on the move, it literally seems to be just be a case of which frame you pick. Their match truck ref guy showed Sane's torso just off.

Same goes for the Salah one... to be honest I can't blame either decision, they're so close, with both guys at full sprint, but I would prefer if ones that tight were just allowed to play on.

I'd agree. Two of them could have been called offside or allowed to play on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Sane is going to have a field day with TTA

Bet you feel like a silly billy now..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,179 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

not yet wrote: »

Especially since he got his initials wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

not yet wrote: »

Yeah, TTA just didn’t turn up tonight

Liverpool will score next week. It's just a question if they can stay as good at the back as they were tonight. It would be silly to go park the bus(excuse the pun). Because we are not good enough. But if we stay compact like tonight we can stop them scoring 5 (on the assumption we can get 1)

• Advertisement

All these silly pundits and armchair managers telling us all week that sane was gonna destroy Trent tonight.

Today I pointed out the flawed logic and said how yes he had some bad spells this season but overall has been class. Not only did he prove the "experts" wrong, he won man of the match!

The kid is 19 and is gonna be phenomenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

We need news on Salah ASAP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

niallo27 wrote: »
    Pep is a brilliant manager he just got unstuck tonight against a team that was really up for it. Early goal next Tuesday and who knows.

Pep was fantastic as coach of Barca, but the issue is a lot of folk think he landed on his feet with one of the best squads ever in football.

Since he left Barca, he hasn't really cut the mustard at European level. Yes he's won league titles, but its not like he was taking over small clubs. He was always in mega wealthy places where money is no option and where he had a good squad to begin with.

Yet he has still been found wanting in the CL outside of Barca, and has taken some pretty big hammerings on his way.

For all the money he spent on defenders at City, they look like a shambles tonight when it really matters. Its no good being solid v Everton or Watford, these are the nights that top managers are paid for. He'll probably be able to justify going out now in the summer and spending another £200,000,000 on defenders if he doesn't win the CL.

For all the talent at his disposal, to not have a shot to test the Liverpool keeper tonight was a disgrace. He really needs to up his game next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

GiftofGab wrote: »

Klopp said Salah told him he's fine, obviously we will have to wait more for scans and what not. Not a chance he's involved Saturday regardless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Pep been undone by fast counter attacking football is nothing new. He was torn apart by Bayern as Barca coach and Madrid as Bayern coach.

It doesn't make him a fraud or overrated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

rob316 wrote: »
    Pep been undone by fast counter attacking football is nothing new. He was torn apart by Bayern as Barca coach and Madrid as Bayern coach.

It doesn't make him a fraud or overrated

You'd think a genius manager would, if he was torn about by quick, counter attacking football, might have tried in the intervening years, to come up with a solution to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Pulsating Star

8-10 wrote: »

Anyway teams coming out for warm ups now. No Sterling is interesting but my favorite news is Laporte at LB. Good player but as a natural CB he won’t be overlapping against Trent so much you’d think. Sane is obviouslenough to handle but a Danilo or Zinchenko would have worried me more.

Very good point IMO.

Fantastic stuff ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Glico Man wrote: »
    posted in the city thread after the draw was made.

From Chelsea and Arsenal supporters. One is losing two of their better player (hazard and courtois) and praying Roman opens the wallet before the rest leave instead and the other is sliding further behind :pac:

GiftofGab wrote: »

If he's fit, I want no news, and in he goes Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

"Jesus made 6 passes first half, 3 of them from kickoffs..."

Just seen this on Blue Moon, had to share it here.

I'm not sure if it's true, but genuinely a funny statement.

Admit it, we will all be repeating it tomorrow....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement