Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man City v Liverpool, Champions League QF - both legs

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I'd have no complaints if it was 4 - 0, destroyed in every facet of the game the first 45 minutes.

Dunno - they haven't created much. 2-0 would probably be a fair reflection at this stage, but Liverpool can still threaten as they showed.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

City will have dominated this quarter final for 135+ minutes.

A purple patch from ourselves will hopefully be enough to get us over the line.

Long time since I've seen us so utterly dominated in every department, the pressure they put us under when we have the ball is outstanding and their use of the ball getting out of tight spaces and moving forward at speed is outstanding.

Using the quicker lads at the back to go man for man with our attackers is how they should have played the first leg.

Very worries here, chasing shadows is going to cause tired legs and Aguero to spring off bench aswell is last fella you would want to see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Very lucky with Sane goal. But Van Dijk was fouled.

We have to improve or we are going out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Half way there. Referee has been awful but his biggest mistakes have pretty much cancelled each other out.

Em, where was Liverpool's legitimate goal that was ridiculously disallowed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Liverpool are blessed to be one down here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Didn't realise tonight's ref was Spanish. Pep's passionate support for Catalan independence not looking so wise now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I'd have no complaints if it was 4 - 0, destroyed in every facet of the game the first 45 minutes.

We're learning a lesson.

It may not be on the scoreboard, but we're being annihilated. The players are not adapting to the new problems Pep has posed.

If we don't improve, we won't get away with it for another 45 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Anyone know what gets **** stains out the sofa? Asking for a mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Worth noting that our midfield consists of 3 wingers converted into CMs. They simply can't cope when City are playing at this pace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Pep in the stand for the 2nd half
    For pointing out to the ref that he fcuked up. Typical. Why am I not surprised?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Liam O wrote: »
    Em, where was Liverpool's legitimate goal that was ridiculously disallowed?

City's first should have been chalked off for a foul in the build-up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

not yet wrote: »
    Anyone know what gets **** stains out the sofa? Asking for a mate

Wife usually

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

blueser wrote: »

Knowing Pep I’m sure it was said in the politest of manners...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I

• Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Half way there. Referee has been awful but his biggest mistakes have pretty much cancelled each other out.
    :pac:I think anyone watching and trying to be balanced will say Liverpool have had most of the luck so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

DrumSteve wrote: »
    I

I know what you mean man...

A bit of fearless youth required. Woodburn can retain it if nothing else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

GavRedKing wrote: »
    For all VARs faults, it would have taken 30secs to sort out the goal.

And thirty to cancel the first and award a free , swings and roundabouts isn't that the saying

Excellent first half from us. Then again, I said the same on saturday evening, and we know how that turned out. And Liverpool are a better attacking side than that other shower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Jesus christ City are on fire out there, they will definitely score again but the question is how many. Their formation was a risk but it has worked brilliantly so far, outnumbering Liverpool in midfield and not giving them a second on the ball, wonder which set of players will tire first in the second half?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Neil Lennon lamenting the manner in which Man City staff are crowding the referee to influence his decisions. Neil would never behave like that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,179 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

TV3 late reporting that Guardiola has been sent to the stands. Only mention it as the game is about to restart. Too busy showing ads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Didn't realise tonight's ref was Spanish. Pep's passionate support for Catalan independence not looking so wise now.

Posted that before I knew ref sent him off. El Pais going to be very complimentary about Senor Lahoz tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

DrumSteve wrote: »
    I

Well said. Finally someone talking sense around here.

He was right to be angry, but you can't react by running up to the ref, eyeballs bulging, telling the ref he's fúcked up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Everyone strapped in and ready to go 3;2;1 gooooooo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

astradave wrote: »
    Learn to read, I’m implying his positioning was onside even if it was a City player who played it.. get off your high horse there

No he wasn't.. There needs to be 2 players. Goalkeeper usual counts as one. Which means 1 outfield player.

It's not a high horse. It's knowing the rule.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

pjohnson wrote: »
    Pep will surely again be blaming the ref.

Well if he wasnt before he certainly will now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Graham Souness was giving it large before the match about it being an almost guaranteed good game because of both sides attacking instincts.

How did he justify that Liverpool performance? I've switched to another channel as the stream on the TV3 player was behind.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,248 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Thought pep had to sit behind Mourinho there!

________Karius__________
    Trent_Lovern_VVD_Robertson
    _____Milner_Wijnaldum____
    OX______Woodburn____Mane
    ________Salah_____________

How'd i'd do second half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I am sure he didn't just point it out to the ref. Right or wrong, that doesn't give him a bye .

osarusan wrote: »
    Neil Lennon lamenting the manner in which Man City staff are crowding the referee to influence his decisions. Neil would never behave like that!
    That reminded me of Warnock criticising the Wolves manager last week, and accusing him of lacking class and manners. And he said it with a straight face as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Terrible that Pep is in the stands, I mean are you not allowed to rant at a ref?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Liverpool Front three have been awful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

This will end 1 - 0.

ArielAtom wrote: »
    Terrible that Pep is in the stands, I mean are you not allowed to rant at a ref?????

Course. He must have went over the top to get sent to the stands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Sane runs the ball out , jumps on the ground

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Yeah that’s a fair post when the 8 players behind them are giving them fcuk all to work with.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

Referee is coming across like the Spanish Mike Dean.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,248 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

ArielAtom wrote: »

Do you know what he said? He might have called him every name under the sun and got sent off deservingly.

Goal stood have should

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,679 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Only 113 passes after 51 minutes. That's pathetic.

Liverpool.are playing scared. They're going back to Karius at any opportunity. There's been no change. I can't see Liverpool holding them out.

Salah do not look fit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Masala

Jesus not getting much

City fans really enjoy booing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Silva has been quite sloppy.

So Opel Cavalier when we do have it, all these fancy clips and chips. KEEP THE BALL

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Do you know what he said? He might have called him every name under the sun and got sent off deservingly.

You must have turned off you’re sarcasm detector.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement