Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man City v Liverpool, Champions League QF - both legs

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    ......and conceeding 8 goals of course.

Obviously but Pep wont mention that or blame any of his players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

I hope we get the winners of Barca Roma in next round

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,248 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

martyos121 wrote: »
    You try keeping four different football threads open on a tablet for a full night with no tab titles and see if you don’t slip up once in a while. I have nothing to prove to you anyway, if you don’t believe me, fine.

I wouldn’t be calling people precious when you get so offended by a mistake yourself.

You poor thing, close down 1 of them and see if you can handle 3.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,248 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Ox has been outstanding in the second half. Real solid central presence. Not even making the tackles sometimes but getting into positions where he's always cutting off the options.

He's coming good at the right time for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,179 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Give that Irish lad a run out Klopp, take the p*ss out of them!

Edit, not on bench!

As has been said, he's not on the bench tonight. I think Klopp is also making a point by naming him and another youngster on the bench tonight. Liverpool outside of the starting 11 and a few others are a bit weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Quazzie wrote: »
    2 goals ruled out for offside. At least this one was a proper call

Goals win games :D (Bobby's smile)
    Not coulda, shoulda, woulda ;)

p.s. Barca could be going out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The City supporters have quivering lower lips but they are holding it together.

Danny Ings to score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Switching to the Barca game... for the ****s and giggles

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    You poor thing, close down 1 of them and see if you can handle 3.

Jesus, keep digging if you want. I’d hardly have deleted the post if I put it there on purpose. Watch the match pal, your condescending scutter is getting tiresome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

City limping out. #Guardiolaball getting lumped out of it two year's in a row.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

To be fair, he'll have to settle for the league title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

The City supporters have quivering lower lips but they are holding it together.

Danny Ings to score.

Yeah the few who are left, it's not called the emptyhad for nothing..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

2 years? Try 5 years in a row :D (for Pep)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

James Milner take a bow son

• Advertisement

Dunphy will have a field day with this,

Pep and Lionel "busted flushes"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

City have had 3 shots on target over the two legs.....say what you want but at the end of the day they deservedly go out...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Liverpool will still score so Man City will need 4 more. Do not care if we lost if we go through

Glad I was wrong:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

NukaCola wrote: »
    City have had 3 shots on target over the two legs.....say what you want but at the end of the day they deservedly go out...

Proof that City can play a lot of football for very little return against a well set side.

• 12-years-ago-this-man-city-fan-seemed-much-happier-32115808.png

I wonder how the lads are getting on :P

Anyway enjoy Liverpool fans well deserved tbf

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Party on in Boring James Milner's gaf tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Pep found out 3 times in 1 week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Pep messed that up. No need to change the formation in the second half and it allowed Liverpool get a foothold in the game.

City were very good in the first half and Liverpool could barely touch the ball. Great fight in the second half to get back into it in and Mo completely killed Cities hopes.

Absolutely delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

Can Van dijk appeal his yellow card. It may come back to haunt him yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    12-years-ago-this-man-city-fan-seemed-much-happier-32115808.png

I wonder how the lads are getting on :P

Anyway enjoy Liverpool fans well deserved tbf

Still be saying that if we (somehow!) go al the way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

tanko wrote: »

No it won't they are wiped now

tanko wrote: »

Apparently, it's a a clean slate for the semi finals. COuld be wrong, but pretty sure I heard someone say that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Handy enough night for Karius when you consider the circumstances. City just not good enough again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

At least the City players got Klopp hugs. It's not all doom and gloom

• Advertisement

Lovern was brilliant in the tie. The whole defense was bar that mistake for their goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Handy enough night for Karius when you consider the circumstances. City just not good enough again.

City had three shots on target over the two legs.

• Still be saying that if we (somehow!) go al the way?

Why are you asking a question that you know the answer too? For lolz I assume!

Enjoy your night lad

Apparently, it's a a clean slate for the semi finals. COuld be wrong, but pretty sure I heard someone say that.

Read up that it was a clean slate for the semis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

astradave wrote: »
    2 years? Try 5 years in a row :D (for Pep)

They weren't all drubbings though. Blown away by Monaco and Liverpool for stretches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Haven't seen him for quite a while but poor AIG with both his teams being knocked out tonight.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Spot on despite city possession and dominance first half in particular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,179 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Goals win games :D (Bobby's smile)
    Not coulda, shoulda, woulda ;)

p.s. Barca could be going out

Seriously, WTF is wrong with people like you? I already talked about this during the first leg. This is the Liverpool v Man City thread, not the general Champions League thread. Some of us don't know what's happening in the other game and want to watch the highlights uninformed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭Ardent

Pep being sent to the stands changed the game IMO. City didn't come out in the second half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Correct all cards are now gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

Quazzie wrote: »
    Is that Gus Poyet in the bottom of that pic?

Think it's Rustavo Poyet.

Ardent wrote: »
    Pep being sent to the stands changed the game IMO. City didn't come out in the second half.

Going to a back 4 changed the game.

Getting himself sent off didn't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

NIMAN wrote: »
    Pep found out 3 times in 1 week.

Did quite well over the course of 8 months in the league though. Has he really been "found out"? What do you even mean by this? They were beat against a good Liverpool side over two legs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Best team over the two legs won. City found badly lacking over the last 3 games. They will still canter to the league but there is no doubt Pep will have lost some his sheen.

LFC surely won't have it as easy in the semi though whomever they get but I'd say given a choice they would prefer Roma.

sligeach wrote: »
    Seriously, WTF is wrong with people like you? I already talked about this during the first leg. This is the Liverpool v Man City thread, not the general Champions League thread. Some of us don't know what's happening in the other game and want to watch the highlights uninformed.

Maybe I am happy my team won
    Maybe I did not read any of your earlier threads
    Maybe I just don't give a fkuc
    Maybe people like you would want to calm down

P.S. I did not give the result of the other game,

Also if I had a Bobby Firmino Emoji of him covering his mouth and waving goodbye I would use it now :p

• Advertisement

Haven't seen him for quite a while but poor AIG with both his teams being knocked out tonight.

Isn't he a Real Madrid fan? Haven't seen him in a while alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Best team over the two legs won. City found badly lacking over the last 3 games. They will still canter to the league but there is no doubt Pep will have lost some his sheen.

LFC surely won't have it as easy in the semi though whomever they get but I'd say given a choice they would prefer Roma.

We need to beat at least one of the big 2 to have any chance of winning the cup, so I’d rather get one over two legs where we have 180 minutes to get the ball to our front three as much as possible. We’re still very beatable over 90 minutes, and Klopp’s record in cup finals leaves a lot to be desired.

People are giving out about people like you in this thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

284gbd.jpg

2 minutes into tonight's game, it didn't feel easy. Plenty of chances, Trent among othrrsvgetting booked and then the offside goal. It changed when city went 4 at the back, suddenly we strung a few passes together in midfield.

Why Sane didn't run at Trent is beyond me, he ran inside a lot instead.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement