Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man City v Liverpool, Champions League QF - both legs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Salah has to be coming into consideration for the balon dor at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    12-years-ago-this-man-city-fan-seemed-much-happier-32115808.png

I wonder how the lads are getting on :P

Anyway enjoy Liverpool fans well deserved tbf

Thats common enough in fairness and no different to being a Finn Harps fan and Man Utd fan.

Paul Scholes supported United and Oldham. Stockport is in greater Manchester anyway.

Similarly know a lad who goes to watch FC United aswell as Man United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

I don't think Pep is losing his sheen. Came up against good teams and bad officials all together. If they had gone in 2-0 up it would have been a different second half.
    Big test is what happens next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Salah has to be coming into consideration for the balon dor at this stage.

39 goals and 11 assists so far this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Going to a back 4 changed the game.

Getting himself sent off didn't help.

Spot on.

I think Pep was a victim of his own 'genius'. He just overthought it. He thought he needed to stay a step ahead, but instead, it gave Liverpool room in midfield on the break.

• Blanco100 wrote: »
    Thats common enough in fairness and no different to being a Finn Harps fan and Man Utd fan.

Paul Scholes supported United and Oldham. Stockport is in greater Manchester anyway.

Similarly know a lad who goes to watch FC United aswell as Man United.

I don't really care, It's still hilarious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Pep in his presser says City should've had a penalty for Sterling diving when Robertson stood behind him, and was even arsed complaining about refereeing decisions from the game last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

SlickRic wrote: »

He probably said it in Catalan and the nationalist Spaniard lost the plot. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

He definitely said this part..

"Big congratulations to Liverpool, they deserve... but these decisions, impact is so big."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Pep mentioning last season v Monaco says it all about his opinion of the ref.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Pep does not like Lahoz.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Spot on.

I think Pep was a victim of his own 'genius'. He just overthought it. He thought he needed to stay a step ahead, but instead, it gave Liverpool room in midfield on the break.

I think City could not sustain the pressing they had in the 1st half. They tired & we improved in the 2nd half much better passing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,661 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

I dont say that very often especially when tv3 is involved but I have to agree with pretty much everything Souness said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I couldn't give a **** what Pep said. Liverpool and Klopp are in the CL semi final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Spot on.

To defend Pep a bit, Liverpool had already begun to find room on the break in the minutes before half-time, and Firminho and Salah were starting to combine well.

With an away goal being such a killer, and 1 goal already in the bag, maybe he felt they didn't need to throw quite so much caution to the wind all the time.

He should have done it properly though, with an actual defender, and not Fernandinho in there.

Mainly though, I think Man City had just run out of ideas on how to break them down even before half-time.

• I see Pep is no longer the angel alot thought he was

He's having a meltdown and it's enjoyable

And not for the first time

Would love to see Spurs do more damage on Saturday, just to laugh at the pundits and their absolute **** about the best PL team ever

What an insult to Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I see Pep is no longer the angel alot thought he was

He's having a meltdown and it's enjoyable

And not for the first time

Would love to see Spurs do more damage on Saturday, just to laugh at the pundits and their absolute **** about the best PL team ever

What an insult to Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea

Did anyone think he was a angel
    He regularly acts the dick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

ebbsy wrote: »
    I am not concerned at all. Put the squeeze on City and they collapse at the back.

As long as Pool stay on the front foot it will be grand.

Never in doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

As a united Fan i’m very happy pool are gone through. i just can’t stand Pep he comes across a one of the biggest whinge bags in football when his teams lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Interesting point: of the five (four runaway) domestic league leaders, in the big five leagues, four of them have failed to make the CL semi finals...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,179 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Maybe I am happy my team won
    Maybe I did not read any of your earlier threads
    Maybe I just don't give a fkuc
    Maybe people like you would want to calm down

P.S. I did not give the result of the other game,

Also if I had a Bobby Firmino Emoji of him covering his mouth and waving goodbye I would use it now :p

You effectively gave away the score by your post. I've reported you for this comment, not your original, because if nothing else, it's obnoxious and unapologetic. This wasn't the place for your comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Sligeach, I get where you're coming from but do you think it was wise to be browsing any sort of Soccer thread if you were trying to dodge the score? I think you were sailing a little close to the wind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,635 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Interesting point: of the five (four runaway) domestic league leaders, in the big five leagues, four of them have failed to make the CL semi finals...

Man City, Barca, Paris, Celtic.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

sligeach wrote: »
    You effectively gave away the score by your post. I've reported you for this comment, not your original, because if nothing else, it's obnoxious and unapologetic. This wasn't the place for your comment.

its a public forum not a private one for you, I did not see your earlier comments about posting, plus i don't see the point of apologizing to someone who came out with such a childish comment.
    p.s. other posters mentioned the other game as well, plus i said Barca could be going out not that they had been knocked out.

Anyway

ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ :D

Roll on the SF, would rather get Real or Bayern, just to see how we shape up against them and how near or far off the mark are we. Although would take Roma if it guaranteed we got to the final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Honestly, if you don't want a score spoiled in a game that directly relates to the teams in a thread, don't go on any form of social media while the game is being played.

It's the Man City Liverpool thread yes, but what happens in the other game is completely relevant to those involved here, and as far as I'm aware there are zero rules regarding spoilers here.

It's nice to be on here during the match and all, but if you want to avoid football scores, you pretty much have to stay off a football forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

As a united Fan i’m very happy pool are gone through. i just can’t stand Pep he comes across a one of the biggest whinge bags in football when his teams lose.

While I am glad you are glad Liverpool went through :D....very few top Mourinho when it comes to whinge bags in football when his teams lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,001 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Who said Ox was wrong player for pool.

And so many of them professional pundits .

One thing Klopp has shown . If he buys into you and you to him , you actually improve as a player .

Bobby
    Ox
    Salah
    Arnold

Only problem is keeping them at pool . Europe could help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

One thing Klopp has shown . If he buys into you and you to him , you actually improve as a player .

Bobby
    Ox
    Salah
    Arnold

Believe me the buzz around that team nobody will want to leave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Bobby
    Ox
    Salah
    Arnold

Oxlade Chamberlain had never even been in a CL quarter final in his career before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

not yet wrote: »
    Believe me the buzz around that team nobody will want to leave.

It's always nice to think that, but there was great buzz in the first half of the season too as we scored a ****load of goals in the group stages, and still lost a player to a higher profile team. It's just the nature of the beats unfortunately.

But that's not a worry for tonight - ****in' champions league semi finals!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Wtf. Easily the most pathetic post Ive read on any forum ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Delighted. An awkward first half, strange to watch due to the nature of the scoreline before the game. Them needing to score and coming out with serious intent - us sitting and waiting for the onslaught to reside.

Relief when we scored but a much more comfortable 2nd half even before we scored.

Semi finals and looking forward to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

first time coming up against City in real anger and have to say their fans were class, no bs and wouldn't lose sleep over losing to them in future. Congratulations on a fantastic season and premier league title

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Blanco100 wrote: »

Except for the obvious fact that Finn Harps and Man Utd are located in two entirely different countries.

This made me laugh.

Because it's true.

https://twitter.com/RorySmith/status/983798293594599426?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

The PL refs could learn a thing or 2 about how to deal with abuse from Pep. He has been indulged far too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Nalz wrote: »
    What's the booing the champions league anthem about?

Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Bobby
    Ox
    Salah
    Arnold

Fair play to Chamberlain - could have stayed at Arsenal picking up a decent wedge and not progress (like Walcott) but he went to Liverpool to energise his career.
    Wasn't guaranteed a place either so has had to work hard and prove himself - gotta respect that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Anyone?

Them being fined by UEFA for breaching FFP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

but Liverpool also booed in the last game, and they weren't fined, so whats their problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Anyone?
    who wouldn't hate UEFA?, pretty sure the City guys do it too, long may it continue. prawn sandwich guys just stand to attention, I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

but Liverpool also booed in the last game, and they weren't fined, so whats their problem?
    Liverpool didn't boo the Anthem,  they boo'd when city had the ball that's hardly breaching a rule .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

marvin80 wrote: »

One thing Klopp has shown . If he buys into you and you to him , you actually improve as a player  .

Bobby
    Ox
    Salah
    Arnold

Fair play to Chamberlain - could have stayed at Arsenal picking up a decent wedge and not progress (like Walcott) but he went to Liverpool to energise his career.
    Wasn't guaranteed a place either so has had to work hard and prove himself - gotta respect that.
    Ye on 85 minutes he made a tackle at the edge of our box got up and presses all the way to there back line,
    He has his hunger back great to see ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

jaykay74 wrote: »
    The PL refs could learn a thing or 2 about how to deal with abuse from Pep. He has been indulged far too much.

TBF to Pep and I'm far from his biggest fan or fan at all, he had a point at HT going up to the ref dragging his players away and having a pop, how the ref and the assistant behind the goal missed Milners back pass was absurd.

I think Robertson had his hands on his head when the ball went in and no Pool players, IIRC, appealed the offside.

Not that it takes away from a fantastic 180mins of football from Pool though, they thoroughly deserved to go through but going in 1-0 down instead if 2-0, had a huge bearing on the game, City were naive in the 2nd half changing what was working and got picked off.

Roma going through in the other QFs has thrown the cat among the pigeons.

I'd imagine Pool fans want them and vice a versa if you're a Roma fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

marvin80 wrote: »

hmmm Walcott does not play for Arsenal anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Liverpool didn't boo the Anthem,  they boo'd when city had the ball that's hardly breaching a rule .
    You're right, heres a video from last week in the cop. No booing at all.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6VBw0Juzxw

The TV must really have had loads of microphones over in that corner where the city fans were then so . On the telly (with pictures/ sound feeds controlled by uefa!) it sounded like the whole stadium was booing .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

GavRedKing wrote: »
    TBF to Pep and I'm far from his biggest fan or fan at all, he had a point at HT going up to the ref dragging his players away and having a pop, how the ref and the assistant behind the goal missed Milners back pass was absurd.

I think Robertson had his hands on his head when the ball went in and no Pool players, IIRC, appealed the offside.

Not that it takes away from a fantastic 180mins of football from Pool though, they thoroughly deserved to go through but going in 1-0 down instead if 2-0, had a huge bearing on the game, City were naive in the 2nd half changing what was working and got picked off.

Roma going through in the other QFs has thrown the cat among the pigeons.

I'd imagine Pool fans want them and vice a versa if you're a Roma fan.

But it was a foul on VVD by sterling in the build up to the first goal so they evened themselves out in the first half.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

You're right, heres a video from last week in the cop. No booing at all.

Kop

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement