Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man City v Liverpool, Champions League QF - both legs

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Who will be at left back for Man City tonight, are they playing a back four or 3 with wing backs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

ricero wrote: »
    In fairness lfc fans done the same against Dortmund and Sevilla in the europa league and their was no delays or crowd troubles. Just a bit of singing, jeering and some flares lit.

And Villarreal, Man Utd and Southampton in the League Cup Semi Final nothing new just Man City fans up in arms about it and making it sound worse than it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Both sides have had an easy enough passage to this stage.As a neutral would like to see City progress just to see how good they really are when having to face a top European side

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

Few bottles and cans thrown - but not exactly the intimidating welcome it was built up to be.

https://twitter.com/sdouglas80/status/981586393603411970

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Who will be at left back for Man City tonight, are they playing a back four or 3 with wing backs?
    Laporte is likely to play at LB, same as he did at Goodison last weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

rwbug wrote: »
    Few bottles and cans thrown - but not exactly the intimidating welcome it was built up to be.

https://twitter.com/sdouglas80/status/981586393603411970

The bus is smashed up, a bit much IMO and I'm a Liverpool fan...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

The benches tell the story. And City don't even have Aguero.

Fieldog wrote: »
    The bus is smashed up, a bit much IMO and I'm a Liverpool fan...
    Chucking bottles and cans is not particularly clever, but hey ho. On to the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Looks like Laporte is LB. Seems to me like Pep is going with a similar line-up to the one he used against Arsenal in their 3-0 win in the League Cup. Big night for Oxlade-Chamberlain. I fancy Gundogan to have a good game - he'll need one. I'll go 2-1 to City. First twenty minutes will be important for City to weather the storm.

Looking forward to seeing how it goes and what gameplan Guardiola produces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Yeah my bad on the arriving early rumour, hands up. Even the Stewards were saying it which is just bizarre.

Anyway teams coming out for warm ups now. No Sterling is interesting but my favorite news is Laporte at LB. Good player but as a natural CB he won’t be overlapping against Trent so much you’d think. Sane is obviouslenough to handle but a Danilo or Zinchenko would have worried me more.

At least that’s what I’m hoping! We’re up against the best team in Europe here, we have to perform at home to have any sort of chance. Any more than a 1 goal defeat and this tie is over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

8-10 wrote: »

We’re up against the best team in Europe here,

You're definitely not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

You're definitely not.

Certainly top 3 I'd say, with little between them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

City with two defensive midfielders will be interesting. There won't be any pace coming from Milner and Henderson and this could get bogged down in the middle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Who does Hamilton hate more city or Liverpool?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Who does Hamilton hate more city or Liverpool?

You could see the pain in his eyes there. Like being asked to choose between a brain tumour or leprosy.

Apparently the City coach is too badly damaged and can't be driven back to Manchester later on. But according to some on here, it was only a few bottles and cans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

blueser wrote: »
    Apparently the City coach is too badly damaged and can't be driven back to Manchester later on. But according to some on here, it was only a few bottles and cans.

In fairness the video linked only showed bottles and cans. Must have taken some battering after it if that's the case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

It obv got worse than from the videos we saw.

https://twitter.com/JamieJackson___/status/981597013627359233

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,635 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Looks like Laporte is LB. .

As u said on Monday, he'll go 1-on-1 on Salah, expect he'll follow him wherever he goes and maybe rough him up a bit. Produces its own opportunity for Liverpool given the movement and interchangeability of the front 3

• Advertisement

Broken windscreen by all accounts. Well out of order and Klopp was right to apologise.
    He's a decent bloke, Klopp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

Liverpool to win by two goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Did they steal the engine as it was rolling into Anfield?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Silly bints with bottles, probably **** themselves if Klopp gave them a hug.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

**** em. Rattle them.

Comparing it to Dortmund bus bombing :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »
    In fairness the video linked only showed bottles and cans. Must have taken some battering after it if that's the case
    No one minds a hostile atmosphere, Christ, we weren't expecting them to roll out the red carpet for us. But pegging stuff at the bus, smashing the windscreen is taking things too far.

No one minds a hostile atmosphere, Christ, we weren't expecting them to roll out the red carpet for us. But pegging stuff at the bus, smashing the windscreen is taking things too far.

One window smashed beside the door, windscreen was in tack inside the ground when BT showed it, so who smashed the windscreen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Nothing surprises me with that set of fans, disgusting behaviour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

UEFA are very ruthless when it comes to punishing fans compared to the Premier League who are completely toothless and let West Ham away with murder when they did similar to Manchester United bus.

Liverpool fans on here may not like this but I wouldn’t be surprised if Liverpool’s next home match in the Champions League (be it the semifinal or next season) will be played behind closed doors.

thelad95 wrote: »
    UEFA are very ruthless when it comes to punishing fans compared to the Premier League who are completely toothless and let West Ham away with murder when they did similar to Manchester United bus.

Liverpool fans on here may not like this but I wouldn’t be surprised if Liverpool’s next home match in the Champions League (be it the semifinal or next season) will be played behind closed doors.

UEFA can't do anything as it is outside the ground other wise Turkish teams would no longer play in Europe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

A disgrace whatever scumbags were involved.

Badly let down the club .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

MD1990 wrote: »

Always a few twits to wreck it for everyone else...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

That's horse****. If I was a city player I would be loving it.

One window smashed beside the door, windscreen was in tack inside the ground when BT showed it, so who smashed the windscreen?
    If it was only, say, a couple of side windows, would that render the bus "undriveable"? But hey; going by your posts earlier, you saw nothing wrong with bottles and cans being thrown, so I'll guess we'll never agree on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

BTs coverage always amuses me. Miss half of YNWA because they’re on a break and then Lineker starts talking rubbish over it a few seconds later. Dopes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Sane is going to have a field day with TTA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

There's something about Jordan Henderson leading a side out that I can't take all that seriously.

If it was only, say, a couple of side windows, would that render the bus "undriveable"? But hey; going by your posts earlier, you saw nothing wrong with bottles and cans being thrown, so I'll guess we'll never agree on this.

The window that is smashed blocks the drivers view of the side mirror so the police will say that it is undriveable for safety reasons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

niallo27 wrote: »
    That's horse****. If I was a city player I would be loving it.

Started early today niallo? :pac: enjoy!

• Advertisement

BTs coverage always amuses me. Miss half of YNWA because they’re on a break and then Lineker starts talking rubbish over it a few seconds later. Dopes.

YNWA was started early to be fair and caught them out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Rekop dog wrote: »
    There's something about Jordan Henderson leading a side out that I can't take all that seriously.

A definite weak link, Him and TAA City 4-2

The window that is smashed blocks the drivers view of the side mirror so the police will say that it is undriveable for safety reasons
    I don't have BT sport so I casn only go by various social media sources. That is where I saw mention of the windscreen being smashed. If that was wrong, I apologise for taking it at face value. It still doesn't make a minority of Liverpool fans' behaviour any better though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

How in heaven sake is Liverpool responsible for some p"£$k outside the stadium. Who says he is a fans going to the game could have been some gang thinking it be great and be able to gloat about it As another poster said Turkish teams would be no where near Europe is that the case. I am sorry to tell you the punishment you are relishing to happen will not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,296 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

BT Sport coverage is miles better than Sky Sports coverage

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

MD1990 wrote: »

Yobbo's outside the stadium who says there Liverpool fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

City have learned.

Lots of cover for City in midfield when we try to break. Pep has just told Walker to provide all the width on the right side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Midfield trio going to kill us today. Already being overrun.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,407 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yobbo's outside the stadium who says there Liverpool fans

Sounds legit. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Salah!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement