Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many water reservoirs in the city?

Options
  • 03-04-2018 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

I know there are a pair of them in Shanakiel, one in Togher, and one in Knocknaheeny. The Knocknaheeny one also incudes the water tower, I guess to add a bit more pressure in the overall water system?

Are there any others in the city?
    I’m interested in any links where I can see more info about these imporant resources… can’t see much on corkcoco.ie

Thanks
    P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

pj9999 wrote: »
    I know there are a pair of them in Shanakiel, one in Togher, and one in Knocknaheeny. The Knocknaheeny one also incudes the water tower, I guess to add a bit more pressure in the overall water system?

Are there any others in the city?
    I’m interested in any links where I can see more info about these imporant resources… can’t see much on corkcoco.ie

Thanks
    P

Youre looking in the wrong place, corkcoco is the County site!

AFAIK theres:
    Shanakiel
    Harbourview rd
    Churchfiel (had a resevoir and water tower)

The north and city centre are suplied from lee rd, south and south environs from Inniscarra.
    County have three more, Carrs Hill, Chetwynd and mahon. Theres another treatment plant in glanmire, dont know about resevoirs there.

Google EPA drinking water reports for cork, thry might have a scheme summary. Or tweet Irish Water.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

AFAIK theres:
    Shanakiel
    Harbourview rd

The north and city centre are suplied from lee rd, south and south environs from Inniscarra.
    County have three more, Carrs Hill, Chetwynd and mahon. Theres another treatment plant in glanmire, dont know about resevoirs there.

Google EPA drinking water reports for cork, thry might have a scheme summary. Or tweet Irish Water.

There’s a water tower off the L2474 in Rochestown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

AFAIK theres:
    Shanakiel
    Harbourview rd

Wasn't there one under the playing courts up in hollyhill?

Glanmire has the Glashaboy reservoir and another one up the top of Hazelwood.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Frostybrew

Five in Glanmire: two at the waterworks, one at Hazelwood, one at Castlejane, and one at Knocknahorgan.

One off the Togher Road also. One in Caherlag.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

There's one in Beaumont too. Here's a drone photo I took of it during the snow - it's next to Beaumont National School in the old walled garden of the grounds.

447372.png

• Advertisement
Advertisement