Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserves

• 03-04-2018 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi everyone. I went for my interview with Reserves last August. I passed the interview and since then I've had little correspondence other than background checks. I have rang HRM countless of times (not every single week) and they tell me the same thing every time "in the process of your BR checks". I feel like I am getting nowhere! Anyone else in the same situation or has been before?

Also based on my reading of other posts on this website some people have been waiting over 6 years and are still waiting!! (would it not be presumable for those people they aren't going to ever get into the reserves?)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭EIRE1922

Adzy911 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I went for my interview with Reserves last August. I passed the interview and since then I've had little correspondence other than background checks. I have rang HRM countless of times (not every single week) and they tell me the same thing every time "in the process of your BR checks". I feel like I am getting nowhere! Anyone else in the same situation or has been before?

Also based on my reading of other posts on this website some people have been waiting over 6 years and are still waiting!! (would it not be presumable for those people they aren't going to ever get into the reserves?)
    I feel like its only me self and yourself left from the old group donman

There are many waiting 5, 6 and 7 years and many more gave up hope of joining the Garda Reserve.

I did not release they were skipping the whole Garda Reserve recruitment process for retired members and just essentially handing them back their uniforms with GR instead on their epaulettes. Certainly there has been no new intake of civilians as Garda Reserves in Templemore in a few years.

https://www.dublininquirer.com/2018/06/19/a-retired-garda-still-walks-his-beat/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

I say that the entire HR situation is all in a heap and waiting for directions fron the new leadership. Proper training and use of reserves, increased civilianisation etc is on the way but at the moment they are waiting for various reports to be completed and guarantee of resources to implement recommendations

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭gilly1910

Edgware wrote: »
    I say that the entire HR situation is all in a heap and waiting for directions fron the new leadership. Proper training and use of reserves, increased civilianisation etc is on the way but at the moment they are waiting for various reports to be completed and guarantee of resources to implement recommendations

As a serving Reserve of 10 years, I actually get more fed up with each passing year, and it's quite notable that over half of serving Reserves have now left or have joined the full time force. Interesting to read this in the Irish Times yesterday, so will Drew Harris finally give the Reserve some teeth along with proper training etc., or will they just finally put the Reserve out of it's misery?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/garda-reserve-expansion-halted-after-future-of-policing-criticisms-1.3733365

Advertisement