Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir technician leaves property and DRIVES off with husbands keys during installation

Options
  • 03-04-2018 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hello, so I will jump right in.

My husband and I had an Eir technician over today, who, beyond not being able to install the connection he was here to install. Took my husbands keys (Which was fine at the time as we understood he needed to move between the basement and the apartment with ease) and then DROVE OFF with them, without notifying us he was leaving. I went looking for him in the basement to see if I could assist. He was not on the premises and when I rung him (this is 35 minutes after he had left) he was in the car heading back to our apartment.

Could someone please offer me the policys in place that is supposed to guide eir technician behaviour? Are technicians permitted to leave the premises during instalations with our keys?

Thank you,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Pro2ac wrote: »
    Hello, so I will jump right in.

My husband and I had an Eir technician over today, who, beyond not being able to install the connection he was here to install. Took my husbands keys (Which was fine at the time as we understood he needed to move between the basement and the apartment with ease) and then DROVE OFF with them, without notifying us he was leaving. I went looking for him in the basement to see if I could assist. He was not on the premises and when I rung him (this is 35 minutes after he had left) he was in the car heading back to our apartment.

Could someone please offer me the policys in place that is supposed to guide eir technician behaviour? Are technicians permitted to leave the premises during instalations with our keys?

Thank you,
    Hi Pro2ac,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

I would be changing the locks on my doors and getting Eir to pay for that anyways, you can't trust anyone these days and although the chances of the technican copying the keys is small, you never know.

Better to do it to be on the safe side.

Advertisement