Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1Mb connection but enabled for FTTH

Options
  • 03-04-2018 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

My grandparents have an old bundle from a few years ago, I assume they're on an old low speed DSL profile due to their distance from the exchange, they're only getting <1Mb download speeds. They have an old Zyxel D1000 modem. Now on the fibre rollout map their eircode is listed as enabled for FTTH. Is it possible to "up" the profile they're on to 24Mb or do they have to get something new installed? 

Also are there any offers for existing customers as to switch to the FTTH package it's €76 a month with eir, Vodafone are offering €40 for the first six months, going to €50 a month after that.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

My grandparents have an old bundle from a few years ago, I assume they're on an old low speed DSL profile due to their distance from the exchange, they're only getting <1Mb download speeds. They have an old Zyxel D1000 modem. Now on the fibre rollout map their eircode is listed as enabled for FTTH. Is it possible to "up" the profile they're on to 24Mb or do they have to get something new installed? 

Also are there any offers for existing customers as to switch to the FTTH package it's €76 a month with eir, Vodafone are offering €40 for the first six months, going to €50 a month after that.
    Hi TheAbstracter ,

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

Advertisement