Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Insurance Claim Advice please

• 03-04-2018 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

I made a claim following the recent severe weather - I've been with present insurer since Nov 16. I have renewal documents (2016) from previous insurer showing 9 yrs no claims (max). My present insurer is refusing to deal with claim without a letter from previous company confirming that I didn't have any claims while with them. The claim is less than €5000 and there is €500 excess.

Loss Adjuster on behalf of insurance company called on the day I submitted the claim and inspected the damage - huge hole where living room ceiling fell in and major water damage to timber floor. A month on, no repairs because I don't have the money until insurance pays out.

Any advice welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Your current insurer won't accept the renewal notice from your previous insurer - the document on their headed paper which says you had 9 years without a claim?

Name and shame.

And Talk to Joe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

Afollower wrote: »
    I made a claim following the recent severe weather - I've been with present insurer since Nov 16. I have renewal documents (2016) from previous insurer showing 9 yrs no claims (max). My present insurer is refusing to deal with claim without a letter from previous company confirming that I didn't have any claims while with them. The claim is less than €5000 and there is €500 excess.

Loss Adjuster on behalf of insurance company called on the day I submitted the claim and inspected the damage - huge hole where living room ceiling fell in and major water damage to timber floor. A month on, no repairs because I don't have the money until insurance pays out.

Any advice welcome.

Get yourself a loss assessor.

Advertisement