Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home insurance: claim experiences from A to Z?

Options
  • 03-04-2018 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

I'd like to read customer reviews of their experience in making claims on house insurance from Aviva to Zurich. Price is important but customer service in claims is important too and may outbalance price.

If there is a more appropriate forum, like askaboutmoney, please let me know. Maybe Consumers' Association might have it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

The best person to talk to is a loss assessor. They are dealing with the companies constantly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

If all details are correct when given to the insurer when the policy is being bought there will be no issue if and when the time comes to claim.

If all details are correct when given to the insurer when the policy is being bought there will be no issue if and when the time comes to claim.

there are considerable differences in how the different companies handle claims. There may be no issue with liability but there can be considerable difficulties with quantum. A loss assessor told me years ago that it was well worth paying 10% more and dealing with one company over another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

there are considerable differences in how the different companies handle claims. There may be no issue with liability but there can be considerable difficulties with quantum. A loss assessor told me years ago that it was well worth paying 10% more and dealing with one company over another.

Pick one of the big companies like Aviva, FBD, Allianz, Axa etc.

They all use the same loss adjuster companies so there would be no major difference with any of them.

It's when the yellow pack insurers get involved that potential issues could arise.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

if Axa's home claim department are anything like their car one they'll have the investigator claim that you ruined your own house in the event of a burglary and then attempt to jack your premium after denying the claim anyway.

• Advertisement

Pick one of the big companies like Aviva, FBD, Allianz, Axa etc.

They all use the same loss adjuster companies so there would be no major difference with any of them.

It's when the yellow pack insurers get involved that potential issues could arise.

It is not the loss adjusters who make trouble, it is the claims handlers.

Advertisement