Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 10 Possible Memory Leak?

Options
  • 03-04-2018 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭

I bought a new Dell, i5 SSD, 8GB laptop before Christmas. It's been running fine since I got it up until maybe Saturday just gone where the performance has gone woeful.

I opened up the performance window in Task Manager just after booting up and with just 1 tab in Chrome open and over 90% (Sometimes as high as 97%) of the RAM is being used. I ran a virus scan last night and it came back clean. I don't think there are any updates pending or any recent updates which would explain this recent change in performance.

I've had a quick look online but none of the potential fixes look quick and easy, with a lot of potential trial and error involved. I don't suppose a System Restore would resolve the issue? Is there anything else I should check before going down the road of the proposed online fixes? Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

If you suspect Chrome killing RAM - uninstall it and test run without it.

In Task Manager look in "Processes" tab to see what exactly is eating RAM(sort "Memory" in descending order by clicking on it)

Advertisement