Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from Dublin - Kildare

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

Portlaoise has a tri club, it used to anyway. Not too far from monasterevin either.

If you're set on small towns, the likes of kilcullen or athgarvan are good options. Small but close to bigger towns. Mariusz olejniczak has No.1 fitness in kilcullen where he does triathlon training. Think it's a club in itself too. I also think Naas TC sometimes do their open water training in the Liffey near kilcullen but someone might correct me on that.
    Naas TC is obviously just up the road also. Handy travelling on the M9 particularly when the M7 upgrade is done.

You could look at kilcock also. You're heading to tri an mhi territory over there. Beside maynooth, has train, on M4.

I'd consider these strongly along with the Naas/newbridge's. Monasterevin/portarlington and the likes are fine but they are small and a decent drive from anywhere. Unless you know people there, you're from there or it's been your lifelong dream to grow organic vegetables on your own 2 acre plot, you may find yourself just sleeping there and little else. If you like your Dublin life the odds are stacked against you.

Best of luck whatever you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 fuisce2

shakencat wrote: »
    yeah ive heard of 'the gym' too :)

im a swimmer, so its kind of important to have options in that area if at all possible, gyms are great, but pool is my home :)

yes, new bridge is dearer.. noticed that myself :(
    been onto K leisure in Naas, seems to be about 20-25 mins from the house we are currently viewing, which isnt bad.

Both myself and himself are hoping to buy property with an acre or more, it will be a culture shock but we do feel its the best for us (and bump!)

its scary as once we sell, thats it, we have to buy somewhere!
    wish i could see the future to see whats the best thing to do!!

It would seem we are a similar ilk :) We're also moving (house is on market) from north kildare/pseudo dublin to further out. If you're used to a big city I agree that you should stick to larger towns. For us personally, we currently can't justify 'being married to our car' with the extra space I'd love in order to be able to have chickens etc etc. We're currently exploring Newbridge as a compromise because it has schools, shops, amenities etc already and the train station seems good also. We had explored Naas but found the prices near the north side (train station to avoid driving through town in the morning!) were too high for us. I should say, our situation is a bit different in that we are very fortunate not to have a mortgage but that we also need to buy a bungalow because of my husbands failing knees (he's a young man) which tend to cost more.

ANYWAY, are you interested in growing your own on your acerage? or bees? or make a crazy obstacle fitness course for yourselves or what are you hoping to do with it? You never know, we might be able to afford an acre between us :D

ps. when is your bump due? we're due in sept :) congrats!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,097 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I know a handful of people who longed for the country life. However after 2 years of whole weekends spent cleaning the house and general upkeep of the big garden, they are fed up and are longing to get back to the big town.

Advertisement