Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi organic compost vs peat moss based

Options
  • 03-04-2018 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭

I bought some of the Aldi organic compost thinking it would be better stuff and more sustainable from an environmental perspective.
    Its certainly more fragrant to put it mildly however I'm beginning to think its not really suited for sowing seeds into directly. It's very dense and goes quite solid when drying out, I'm worried the seeds I sowed last weekend are going to struggle.
    Instead am considering mixing the rest 50:50 with the standard peat moss based stuff for water retention and softness if that makes sense.

Has anyone used this stuff before and have any recommendations?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

Advertisement