Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone loss of broadband service very poor customer service

Options
  • 03-04-2018 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi everyone, posting this here as I've lost all hope

We currently have the vodafone at home broadband and we lost service two weeks ago 21/03/2018. All bills have been always paid, so we were unsure as to why service went. Upon ringing vodafone 1907 I was told to sit tight and await and engineer who must visit to fix the line and it can take up 2 working days. The agent on the phone kept repeating that there is nothing they can do and we must sit tight. After 'sitting tight' until the following Monday, I took it upon myself to ring 1907 again on Tuesday to see if there was any progress. I was shocked to hear that another engineer appointment must be arranged as the technician needs to fix the line from inside the house and again surprise surprise they only work Monday - Friday 8-5 and they can't give you an exact time slot. So it doesn't in any shape or form facilitate full time work people and I was told nothing can be done to facilitate us since we were working 8-5 ourselves. To add to this the only available appointment was the following tuesday which is 03/04/2018!!!!! two weeks away from when we lost the service in the first place. As a full time worker I took the afternoon of the 03/04/2018 off as we were given a PM slot from 12-5 pm for the engineer appt, NOONE SHOWED UP!!!!!!!!!
    Agents on 1907 had no idea what was going on and now can only offer another appointment on Thursday. That means taking more time off work for god knows what!!!

I'm willing to take this matter even further, has anyone experienced this with vodafone??????

DO NOT RECOMMEND.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Your problem is with OpenEir technicians, or more likely KNN technicians working for OE. Same goes for Eir, Vodafone, Pure, Sky(Mostly), IFA, Magnet and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 daivikx

ED E wrote: »
    Your problem is with OpenEir technicians, or more likely KNN technicians working for OE. Same goes for Eir, Vodafone, Pure, Sky(Mostly), IFA, Magnet and so on.

Can I get across to them in any way or am I just banging my head against the wall here?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Do you have a phoneline?
    If so, do you have a dialtone?
    If all yes so far, have you rebooted your router?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 daivikx

Yes we've done all of that.. no luck

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

daivikx wrote: »
    Can I get across to them in any way or am I just banging my head against the wall here?

Head meet wall.

You arent allowed to contact OE/KNN directly. Vodafone need to chase it on your behalf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,496 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Any lights flashing/red on router? Can u log onto router stats?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Goto your gateway. It's usually http://192.168.1.1 but if not, click Start and type in cmd followed by ipconfig into the black box, and put the gateway IP address into your browser.

Once there, see what the status says.

Check through the pages for any warnings. Do you know the make/model of the router?

Also, try removing all phones anywhere in the house from the wall jacks, and perhaps plug the router into another wall jack to see if that makes any difference.

daivikx wrote: »
    Hi everyone, posting this here as I've lost all hope

We currently have the vodafone at home broadband and we lost service two weeks ago 21/03/2018. All bills have been always paid, so we were unsure as to why service went. Upon ringing vodafone 1907 I was told to sit tight and await and engineer who must visit to fix the line and it can take up 2 working days. The agent on the phone kept repeating that there is nothing they can do and we must sit tight. After 'sitting tight' until the following Monday, I took it upon myself to ring 1907 again on Tuesday to see if there was any progress. I was shocked to hear that another engineer appointment must be arranged as the technician needs to fix the line from inside the house and again surprise surprise they only work Monday - Friday 8-5 and they can't give you an exact time slot. So it doesn't in any shape or form facilitate full time work people and I was told nothing can be done to facilitate us since we were working 8-5 ourselves. To add to this the only available appointment was the following tuesday which is 03/04/2018!!!!! two weeks away from when we lost the service in the first place. As a full time worker I took the afternoon of the 03/04/2018 off as we were given a PM slot from 12-5 pm for the engineer appt, NOONE SHOWED UP!!!!!!!!!
    Agents on 1907 had no idea what was going on and now can only offer another appointment on Thursday. That means taking more time off work for god knows what!!!

I'm willing to take this matter even further, has anyone experienced this with vodafone??????

DO NOT RECOMMEND.

im presuming that you are referencing broadband that comes in via a landline.
    is this with VF also? or a different operator.
    regardless of who its with, tell them that the phone voice quality is terrible.
    i did that before and they were a lot more inclined to try and fix it than fix broadband.

you could also bring it up on the Talk to Vodafone forum. they are likeyl to ignore you there also but its worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭shigllgetcha

Yeh i found the same, had a customer service person tell me hed check the phone line as a poor phone line was resolved quicker than poor internet

Advertisement