Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Distance Selling, Thresholds and VAT

• 03-04-2018 9:17pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A quick question. I'm trying to wrap my head around distance selling, thresholds and varying VAT rates. To describe my own background, I'm a trainee accountant, having completed formation 1 with the CPA. So I haven't quite covered the basics yet.

What I'm trying to understand is, thresholds. For example, selling from Ireland to France. I believe the threshold is €35,000 before French VAT applies. My question is, once that threshold has been met, does one pay VAT on sales here in Ireland and in France?

I don't know where my line of thinking or thoughts on the matter seem to be going wrong. The idea of paying VAT on sales in 2 Countries seems a little baffling.

I ask as this is apart of my role now, to get my head around these things, as well as handling Accounts Payable, Invoicing, Bookkeeping and Accounting.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭Lockedout2

If it’s VATable in France then it’s not VATable in Ireland!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Thanks LockedOut.

Advertisement